Bone Strenghtening

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Bone Strenghtening

Postby Bob on Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:54 am

Bob
Great Old One

Re: Bone Strenghtening

Postby Bao on Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:35 pm

Those who do bone conditioning all go around with pain when they get older. Sure, you can go around and impress people, but unnecessary as a fighting skill and not worth the price.
Last edited by Bao on Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Re: Bone Strenghtening

Postby windwalker on Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:05 pm

most CMA practices were not specifically designed as health practices to begin with,
They were designed to enhance the fighting and combative skills for the practitioner, regardless of health effects later on...
depending on level of practice, focus, the amount of changes to the mind body, greatly depend on effort, level and focus.
True for any high level activity, more so for things said to be combative based...

If one's focus is on usage, the practice can be quite different from those who's focus is not. .

Times Change :)

She asked the Professor why he hadn't taught me more, and he said that my leg was shaking like a pipa string. ' She said that times change, and the Professor shouldn't teach me like Prof. Yang taught him.

After this, the Professor began to teach me the next postures. Later, he changed his teaching style when he came to the United States.

Not much written about Sam,,, one of my first taiji teachers he used to hit coconut trees in Hawaii to toughing his fist..
He was told to stop the practice and practice taiji otherwise he might lose the use of his hands...

Do agree that such practices depending on how practiced, and herbal medication's used can and might damage the body

Something I often wonder about...
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Return to Video Links