Xingyi Quan Ba Shi (Eight Form/Posture) Mu Shin

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Xingyi Quan Ba Shi (Eight Form/Posture) Mu Shin

Postby Bob on Sat May 04, 2024 11:24 am

Very nice and thanks for material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JragVWGuK9A

Real Kung Fu - Xingyi Quan Ba Shi - 形意拳八勢

Interesting comments to the clip:

The barbers also have their real kung fu. So you can say you have the xing yi gong fu. Which could be humbled by a boxer real kung fu:)

Mu Shin Martial Culture
@MuShinMartialCulture
7 hours ago
what are you talking about?

@WLRika
6 hours ago
A mma champion also gets knocked out by a boxer in secs with boxing rules. Relax, if Kung Fu do sparring, then it's real.

@MuShinMartialCulture
6 hours ago
Thanks, I have a brown belt in BJJ and have combat fight experience from my younger days. But thanks for your input....

5 hours ago
The forms or the methods are different from gong fu. When talking about methods, it’s not about gong fu and vice-versa:)
Last edited by Bob on Sat May 04, 2024 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Great Old One

Re: Xingyi Quan Ba Shi (Eight Form/Posture) Mu Shin

Postby wushutiger on Sat May 04, 2024 7:40 pm

That guy's comments were very odd, I think he may have been smoking his socks.......
wushutiger
Wuji

Postby Bob on Sun May 05, 2024 5:10 am

Maybe the poster used Google Translate to translate native language to English
Bob
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Tue May 07, 2024 4:38 am

He was insulting you. He says that your XingYi "gongfu" (skill) is compared to a barber's "gongfu" (low level because anyone can cut hair). And that you would be humbled if you met a real fighter with a real "fighting gongfu"
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue May 07, 2024 5:24 am

I thought he was saying that barbers have skill, and xingyi is a skill, but that xingyi skill can't beat boxing skill
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue May 07, 2024 6:17 am

;D

"The forms or the methods are different from gong fu. When talking about methods, it’s not about gong fu and vice-versa:)
Reply"

Form follows function = usage based

Function follows form = method/ form based

demonstrated usage, skill depends on the gong fu

demonstrated forms/methods, skill do not equal skill of use

commonly said about CMA back in the 70s, still true "for the most part" today

"The barbers also have their real kung fu. So you can say you have the xing yi gong fu.
Which could be humbled by a boxer real kung fu:)"

Barbers cut hair

Boxers fight

Barbers do not

;D
Last edited by windwalker on Tue May 07, 2024 7:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wushutiger on Tue May 07, 2024 8:54 am

You are giving his intelligence far more credit than it deserves unfortunately...
wushutiger
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Tue May 07, 2024 12:16 pm

Don't know who's replying to who in the comments, but what does having a brown belt in bjj or "combat fight experience" have to do with the gong fu of xingyi quan?
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby wushutiger on Tue May 07, 2024 6:34 pm

Don't know who's replying to who in the comments, but what does having a brown belt in bjj or "combat fight experience" have to do with the gong fu of xingyi quan?

Because his comments were mostly gobbeldy gook, and I assumed he was trying to insinuate that I had no experience in combat, hence a "boxer" would beat me up, I was pointing out the fact that I had combat sport experience in my younger days, competing in sanda etc, and that I currently still practice other forms of combat, including grappling, hence I have enough understanding to discern whether I am 'wasting my time' with gong fu. The more important question would be, why would he make comments such as he did which have nothing to do with what was presented in the video, and trying to highlight an unrelated topic? yeah, we all know why though really.... Anyway, too much attention on someone in his mom's basement with a tapout t-shirt on commenting on YouTube videos.
wushutiger
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Wed May 08, 2024 12:56 pm

I only read what Bob posted so I didn't make the connection - had no clue who was who.

Anyway, what's presented in the video doesn't need those qualifiers to stand on its own, and only gives guys who make armchair matchups between what you're showing vs other fighting arts more fuel for their flames. For instance, they could then ask if you've actually tested what's shown or if you just resorted to your other, prior methods of fight training to 'validate' what you're showing in the video. At that point, they don't care if they get it or not because they've sunk the hook. The do-nothings used to do that on EF all the time...
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby Bob on Wed May 08, 2024 1:39 pm

I most always post the link to youtube so one can go back to the original clip .

I seldom, if ever, post the commentaries and I should have clarified & identified what they were. Also I often times post from the phone and it's a pain.

I found the comment odd and was interested in what other people thought - the Italian barbers from Italy in my hometown outside of Pittsburgh were quite skilled at cutting hair and giving shaves - they would have found the commentator quite offensive and could have resolved his assertion quite easily and without the use of martial skill LOL
Last edited by Bob on Wed May 08, 2024 1:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bob
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed May 08, 2024 7:13 pm

He’s saying he is a barber and a boxer with skills and noting beats that ? Or he is saying ……..?
Trick
Huajing

Postby wayne hansen on Thu May 09, 2024 12:26 pm

Bob wrote:I most always post the link to youtube so one can go back to the original clip .

I seldom, if ever, post the commentaries and I should have clarified & identified what they were. Also I often times post from the phone and it's a pain.

I found the comment odd and was interested in what other people thought - the Italian barbers from Italy in my hometown outside of Pittsburgh were quite skilled at cutting hair and giving shaves - they would have found the commentator quite offensive and could have resolved his assertion quite easily and without the use of martial skill LOL

I knew some Italian barbers who were quite handy with the stilleto
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu May 09, 2024 12:50 pm

I think he’s saying that your haircut is very humble and has the true method of kung fu.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Return to Video Links