A young Kenny Gong

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: A young Kenny Gong

Postby nianfong on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:15 pm

oh man this vid is awesome. wish the sound were matched tho. thanks for posting this james!
Last edited by nianfong on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby wiesiek on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:28 am

+1
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby JMontalbano on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:21 am

Bill,

The female student you refer to is Beth Zucher. She was sifu's most serious bagua student and was around for many years, although she stopped coming regularly by the early 90s. Sifu taught the 8 palms, he taught some straight line bagua forms, I seem to remember him referring to it as Dragon bagua, but bagua was not my main interest, so I could be wrong.

He used to joke with me that when I learned all eight palms he would put my picture on the wall and let me deal with all the crazies who came to see him. I made sure I only learned up to palm 7!

James
JMontalbano
Santi

Postby Bill on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:42 am

LOL
I imagine in the city you must have gotten many nuts dropping by.

I remember once when Sifu Lew was at my instructors school and an elderly lady walked in and told Sifu Lew that she was being controlled by aliens, and that he knew it, and that the aliens were beaming messages into her head. Sifu was gentle and as nice as he could be to her and she left soon after.
I was 17 and that was the first time I had seen someone that crazy.

Thanks, James.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby JMontalbano on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:48 am

Bill there are many of them out there.

When I was a very new student I was sitting in class and a visitor sat down next to me and began watching the class. I asked him if found it interesting and and he replied that what he really wanted to learn was how to break necks. I told him that I had been at the school almost a year and had not yet heard the neck breaking lecture. He thanked me got up and left!
JMontalbano
Santi

Postby KEND on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks for the clips. As you said this was the real Sifu Gong, you can almost feel the power radiating from the end of his fist.
KEND
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Truly there are some weird people out there drawn to this stuff. Creepy and kind of sad.

When I was a very new student I was sitting in class and a visitor sat down next to me and began watching the class. I asked him if found it interesting and and he replied that what he really wanted to learn was how to break necks. I told him that I had been at the school almost a year and had not yet heard the neck breaking lecture. He thanked me got up and left!
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Hi James,

Any recommendations as to resources where one might learn more about Kenny Gong, his students, and his system?
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby JMontalbano on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:25 am

Bhassler,

There are only a handful of senior students, and very few of them teach. I'd be happy to answer any of your questions, but there are no public resources for this information. If you are in the NYC area, you could alway come and visit my school. I am planning a website but that is still months away.
Last edited by JMontalbano on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
JMontalbano
Santi

Postby Bhassler on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:04 am

I'm in Colorado, so I won't be able to pay you a visit anytime soon. I'll just have to add it to my list of things to do should opportunity arise-- in the meantime I guess I'll have to wait for the website. I think it's a real service to the IMA community when people like yourself who are senior students of high level masters go public with teachings, opinions, anecdotes, or whatever. It adds a richness to the arts that is lacking when we're all confined to our own little islands of experience.

Thanks,
Brian
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links