Chen Short Form--linking form

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Chen Short Form--linking form

Postby Bob on Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:50 am

Count:

The form I see in the clip is pretty close to:

#21001 Linking Form

This is one of the best introductions to Chen Style T'ai Chi. This "linking form" is the equivalent of the Short Form in Yang style. Though simpler than Lao Jia the first major T'ai Chi Chen form, it doesn't not skimp on the basic concepts and movements for a full understanding of this "parent" of T'ai Chi.

Additional topics covered in Hsu's typically thorough and interesting manner are:
History and Lineage of Chen T'ai Chi
Basic Principles - (the kind of information neglected on so many tapes)
Basic Training- traditional eight stances
The form itself Linking Fist
Ch'i Kung specific to Chen T'ai Chi-Ch'i gathering
Posture Training-Expansion
Push Hands Practice-elbow searching
T'ai Chi Usage- How it works specifically for Chen style

$34.95 or 10 % off for ordering the set

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/dvd/dvdcoll_adamhsu.htm

I am pretty sure the Du Yu Ze taught this to most who went to him. I have a clip of Tony doing the entire form in front the old Wu Tan school in the 1970s. We never learned this particular form and instead learned the 3 Abstract Chen forms that Liu created. I think Su Yu Zhang has a tape out on the first form but it is in Japanese.

Thanks SPJ for your comments. Always appreciated.
Bob
Great Old One

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:46 am

I'm also in Taiwan, down south, and study Huleijia in the line of Wang Jinrang and Xiao Zhifu, is called differently in mainland, probably xiaojia. Enough students, all indoors of Wang still active, but contacts and comparisons are made with mainland groups in Zhaobao and the other Hulei village close by, also with the guys in Spain
Du's group seems to get more influence from the village, as Tu Zongren, the main desciple, has studied there intensivly, too.
Pan Yongzhou's group also doing fine, lots of students in Xindian, southern Taibei and Taizhong, but Wang Mengbi (Dave's teacher's line) and Wang Helin and Guo Qingshan, I have no idea.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby stan on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:42 am

looks like external kung fu not taiji

stan
stan
Santi

Postby Bob on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:26 am

Here Jason Tsou plays the Chen Yi Lu which is related to the linking form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0uCzM3n ... re=channel

Bob
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:06 am

Hey Bob, I hope you won't take this the wrong way, but master Tsou has some really nice bagua flavour in his taiji.
Very coily, very dragon like :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Bob on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:17 am

Mixjourneyman:

LOL, I am okay with everything--In my practice, I think there are some bagua jibengong training that if no one said they were bagua, you might think they were for taijiquan training.

I understand how someone in a pure line of Chen's might feel about Wu Tan(g)'s venture into Chen's taijiquan and on many points they might be right with regard to basic training. However, there is a large variation in Chen's taijiquan with significant personalization, even among village practitioners and I would never make the claim that Wu Tan(g)'s Chen's taijiquan is complete.

It's too bad Chen Yu wasn't around when Liu was sending out his disciples to learn Chen's taijiquan---it might have produced some very interesting results. LOL
Last edited by Bob on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:13 am

I'm totally not dissing.
Just thought it was a cool energy. :)
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links