A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: mark li xinyidao

Postby xXZetaBrownXx on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:09 pm

well it looks like he's put in the time and effort, because that shit looks good...
big ups to the xinyidao camp.
xXZetaBrownXx
Santi

Postby Bhassler on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:33 pm

Only on the internet will people use cultural generalizations and behavioral abstractions to argue against first hand experience and close involvement in a situation as if it were perfectly rational to do so....
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby somatai on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:53 pm

you guys still think there is some secret to all of this??
somatai

Postby beegs on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:54 pm

I think the point Jose's point is that you generally wouldn't refer to your master's son as your little brother, even if he is.

(Not that I really care, just trying to help.)

we are in america ,Mark is like a little brother to me . forget the whole formal gong fu thing,we arent even in a formal setting, we arent using shixiong, and shidi, etc, if we are in a school setting or family setting, things may be different

no doubt later (after college)he will have special training if thats what he wants, he is the son, etc, I was just pointing out the wrong assumption that he has trained most of his life with his father, he has had to deal with this stereotype before, and it puts higher expectations upon him.(he and i have discussed this)

ask him yourself about his training as he is very honest. he is a hard worker and it shows,mark had some wushu training when younger, but we really started xy together like 6-7 yrs ago
Last edited by beegs on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:24 pm

Cool. I was just really asking what you just explained. I agree that its a very personal thing and different with everyone, and stereotypes shouldnt be used.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:03 pm

beegs wrote:[
we are in america ,Mark is like a little brother to me . forget the whole formal gong fu thing,we arent even in a formal setting, we arent using shixiong, and shidi, etc, if we are in a school setting or family setting, things may be different

On a separate subject you're probably in China more than you realize Beegs.

I find that in a lot of ways Americans are more formal about their martial arts and ranking than the Chinese are (as Yang Hai says in his recent interview on youtube).

In China you might meet with your teacher in the morning to train for an hour or two and end up training for a few hours instead and then spend the whole day with him doing different things together like running errands, eating, going to their house and talking about martial arts, it sounds like that's the kind of relationship you have with your teacher.

A little bit of China in America, right on!

Good times,

G
Last edited by CaliG on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
CaliG

Postby beegs on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:38 pm

cali- you are kinda right , i have hung out with my teacher in some pretty funny settings, it is very informal, thats whats so cool about some of these Masters who dont get wrapped up in the ego thing, Herman Suawanda was the same way,

I remember Pak Herman one time when we were out to dinner, having a few drinks, and one student was talking about the techniques from that days seminar, and the dude was like' "that technique sucks" he meant it in a way that it sucks to do it because its so hard on the legs, etc

when from a cross the table all of a sudden you hear Pak say" silat is good, you suck" ha ha ha ha, as he raises a beer and clicks glasses, it was classic, and nobody involved was offended, it was a joke like hangin with your bud,

it may not sound that funny, but it was hysterical the way it sounded.How loud he laughed after saying "you suck" it was so funny

Master Li is the same, he doesnt want to sit around and talk xy outside the class, he wants to hang out like friends,laugh,(and he is funny) enjoy other things.
beegs
Great Old One

Postby kreese on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:51 pm

"silat is good, you suck"

Classic.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links