Hsing I XingYi Quan Combat Training Techniques

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Hsing I XingYi Quan Combat Training Techniques

Postby 021975s on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:29 am

In regards to Master Bakari,

I recently saw a clip of Master Bakari's Xingyiquan on Youtube.com.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_cHvxPr5k

When I first saw it, I immediately noticed a difference in his style from every other style I had ever seen. I then emailed Master Bakari with a few question. Pretty standard questions, what style, what lineage, etc.

To say the least, the reply I received from him was extremely impolite. Basically saying his style and lineage was none of my business plus a few insults. Well, this sparked a chain of emails afterwards that got rather heated. Essentially ending in Master Bakari threatening to find me where ever I lived and beat the crap out of me.
"And as for my lineage...It is none of your business! Where is it written that I have to give some strange punk-bitch my Martial Arts History?

"Let just get this straight....If we should ever meet I will deal with you with extreeeeem prejudice...You Punk.

But in the course of the emails, I was able to discover a few things. Such as, when I asked if he knew only the 5 elements or if he also knew the Linking Form, 12 Animals, Au Shen Pao, etc etc, he responded by saying,
"Would you like to test my Hsing-I? I remember in the early, mid and late 1970's when I fought in turnaments. We would have so-called Forms competitors like you, who new all the fancy terminolgies and pretty movements. But when it was time for the rumble to begin, you would all climb into your seats to watch the real Martial Artist fight. "

I don't know if any of you have had any personal dealings with Master Bakari, but I've gotten the impression from him that he should be avoided. I've never spoke with a "master" martial artist who was so guarded about his learnings and violently threatening.
021975s

Postby ashe on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:46 am

wrong way to make your first post.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Coach DAi on Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:29 pm

Gianormous and hideous. I hate to slag other peoples shit but goddamn! Can they extend their arms any longer? Overextended limbs equals = no jing from inside the body. Longfist Karate XY. Possibly one of the worst Ive seen. This type of approach wont work when weight differential comes into play.
Last edited by Coach DAi on Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alias Dai-BoXeR aKa Bronze Tiger
CLUB XINYIDAO http://www.myspace.com/clubxyd
Coach DAi
Santi

Previous

Return to Video Links