Steve Cotter having fun

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Steve Cotter having fun

Postby Plante on Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:52 am

Text from his blog :

In the IKFF course, we focus heavily on getting a lot of practice in the fundamentals, yet we also have a lot of fun.

What good is all the exercise if it doesn’t contribute to a more enjoyable life?

Context is everything, but we have a segment in the Level one instructor courses for feats of strength and ways of developing a ‘marketing’ plan based on developing a repetoire of skill sets. Not an entire focus, just an aspect which is fun and can be inspiring and motivational.

So, after a period of experimentation with a sundry of ’stupid human trips’ I gave an example of another.

Now, it is fun, and challenging if you don’t know how to do it ;-)

It also has a practical application. At one time, mobility in a very low base was a military application. When wars were fought on horseback, some Chinese arts developed as a way to defend against spears and swords swung down from horseback. The horses were covered in armor except for the legs. So a sword and shield method developed to defend the slices and spears and to cut the legs off of the horses. This low stance crouching stability and speed and range of motion all served a very specific purposes.

In this day and age its utility is reltive to dynamic balance and making it less likely to fall if your feet are taken out form under you suddenlty.

This exercise may not be for everyone, and I don’t consider it even an exercise, it is simply a fun physical activity challenge, Try it if you are up to it and let me know how it goes for you.
Like dragon, like phoenix.
Plante
Great Old One

Re: Steve Cotter having fun

Postby lars on Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:35 am

Kosak style!
I like it!
lars
Anjing

Return to Video Links