THE LiuHeBaFa "Finger"

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

THE LiuHeBaFa "Finger"

Postby Strange on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHCe3RqiI84&NR=1

i give you the lhbf finger!
other than the zz bit, my teacher always say : "point your finger at the enemy!!"
here we hear master kum (i believe) say : "relax, no need strength come out!"
no chi blast, just honest-to-goodness, true form, sight-for-me-feckin-sore-eyes internal style gongli
oh hell yeah!!!

Jade Liu 我就是这样歌词: "...摊开的手掌 柔软又刚强 / 十指纤长 指尖藏着一鼓力量..." :D
Last edited by Strange on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Re: THE LiuHeBaFa "Finger"

Postby Strange on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:07 am

heya RD
check out the very last part of this vid
master kam says in cantonese: "your body dun move, move also no use"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbGJUdbqWVo&NR=1

course, no way i'm saying i'm that good, cheers, S.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:00 am

nice little clips. looks familiar.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:31 pm

the second one i believe was posted before, pardon me, but rd did not sound convinced when we discussed spinal rotation the last time round. the way master kam does it... i think his intention move is enough heh. i have not seen the first vid before. Cheers, S
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby jjy5016 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:19 pm

Ah yes, spinal rotation. Not to mention luo suen jing, eh Strange? It is part intention but also a bit of very refined movement. Same as chan si jing or silk reeling. I can't understand Cantonese but can see what he's doing. Do you study lhbf with him Strange?

John
"I kew evibady. I squeegee him - like dis. STAND me?"
I'm always careful to lift the seat when IP
jjy5016
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:24 pm

no john, i have yet to have the fortune.
in the vid, master kam say:
"just think (intention), already do"
"you see? nine joints" (touches the 9 joints for illustration) "the Nine Joints Force, see... all joints must link and communicate..."
"the force is not 'hit-out' type,... just like this..."

ah yes john, perhaps simliar name for simliar things but... i think they say if the xing(shape) is revealed externally,....er... it is not so good.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby kreese on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:46 pm

Who says that your movement has to be invisible? I mean, yes, this is high level, refined movement, and I have seen it myself, but I think the most important thing is that your movement achieves its intended purpose. That is, if we are talking about martial arts.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:49 pm

:) pardon me, i think you may have misunderstand: "not revealing shape" does not mean that your movements are invisible. for example, if you need to get some milk from the grocery store, you just walk in and make the purchase, normal, no problem. But say if one was a gangsta with a mac-10 intent on robbing the store and walks in with a swagger... that is revealing shape.

many a times, when talking about this kinda of stuff, a range is involved. from big external movements to very small ones; as i understand the movements did not "go away"; it simply went slowly deeper and deeper inside... till its moving inside...

inside/outside... there is no good or bad, just human precepts. if utter beginner how do you ask to perform silk reeling? perhaps he can do but what meaning or feeling, he cannot taste it... if performed is just like a parrot, no? better to do some tan tui or tkd, or karate

i think some guy said something like what lies before and after us is but very small matters, compared to what lies within us.
cheers, S.
Last edited by Strange on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby jjy5016 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:56 pm

I think it has to do with what Wang Xiang Zhai said about big small movement being better than big movement....etc. This is mostly done with the intent, yi so it only needs a very tiny movement.
"I kew evibady. I squeegee him - like dis. STAND me?"
I'm always careful to lift the seat when IP
jjy5016
Great Old One

Postby kreese on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:37 am

Thanks, Strange. I did misunderstand your meaning. I like the buying milk analogy :) There is a stealth aspect to refined movement that I like very much.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:03 am

Nice show of internal body use for power generation.

By the way Strange, do you study Liuhebafa?
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby Royal Dragon on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:13 am

Interesting. I was doing this very drill with a friend of mine last week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHCe3RqiI84&NR=1

He actually taught it to me for the first time, and I found I could instantly do it without any prior practice from all the Taiji Ruler Qi Gong I do. This type of internal does not need to overt open close mechanics like you see in other things from LHBF, but the internal circling found in Taiji Ruler.

I don't speak Chinese, but it is clear by looking at him what he is doing.

The finger thing is just a compliant student. he could not do that to me. watch close, he moves, stops the motion THEN the student jumps away with his arm still attached to the previously stopped finger.
Last edited by Royal Dragon on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby Taijikid on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Just for those guys don't know Cantonese. Both clips have nothing to do with fingers!

In both clips Kam Tung emphasis that the arms and fingers are relaxed and exert no force. What he emphasis in the clips, especially in the second clip, are the eight ways of shoulder/shoulder blade relaxation and rotations (hence the subtle training for the beginning posture in LHBF), which spirals the energy from the waist, pass the shoulder and out through the arms, and fingers, when he send his student away.
Taijikid
Anjing

Postby Strange on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:30 pm

i do some lhbf
rd, i always admire your confidence; being born in the year of the rooster, i am also at times cock sure.
while the vids have no mention of any finger, we point to where the intention is, and the "rest" would follow... er, hopefully...
推动转轮器.... 遍身皆弹力- "push move wheel/gear turning machine, whole body entirely spring force"*
i do not know master kam's student/audience; but i personally would hesitate using the term "spiral" in lhbf discussion

cheers, S.

*from Li DongFeng's 5-word "song"
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:16 pm

Nice.

The more different stuff I see, the more everything (all IMA) comes down (for me) to one single thing -- "mind leading body."

8-)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links