Chen Bing push hands

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Chen Bing push hands

Postby sdf on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:45 pm

Bhassler wrote:
Both are fairly generic, so could be said to come froma any number of movements in the form.

Very good point! There are plenty similar jins in the form
sdf
Santi

Postby AllanF on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:08 pm

Cool! 8-)
Very clean and crisp throws loved it!
From what i have heard Chen Bing most definately has the goods but is also a very nice guy, so a lot of people don't see what he really capable of. Glad to hear he was willing to go at it with anyone that wished to try.
thanks for the post
AllanF

Postby chud on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Thanks for posting that clip Feihu. VERY nice throws.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:16 am

Notice the difference between Chen's arms and the other guy's arms, which are twice as big. Very cool. :)
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Feihu on Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:19 am

AllanF wrote:Cool! 8-)
Very clean and crisp throws loved it!
From what i have heard Chen Bing most definately has the goods but is also a very nice guy, so a lot of people don't see what he really capable of. Glad to hear he was willing to go at it with anyone that wished to try.
thanks for the post

You are welcome, I liked what I saw as well. Many people under estimate Chen Bing because of his calm soft demeanor, but having experienced what he can do first hand, I suggest anyone wanting to see what Chen style stand up wrestling (push hands) is all about, check him out next year during his visit to the US.
Feihu
Mingjing

Postby Andy_S on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:25 pm

Kreese:

Second throw is the EXACT app of the turning part of brush knee (particularly the xinjia version).

It had never occured to me until Chen Zijun slammed me a couple of times at the village this summer - then demoed it for me without an opponent.

Keys are not to let the opponent's knee move, and to get up and under his arm as you turn at the waist.
Last edited by Andy_S on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby kreese on Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:19 am

There is a time when a throw is just a throw. Then you study martial arts and a throw is no longer just a throw. Eventually you return to simplicity and a throw is just a throw.

Thanks, Andy_S.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links