Shi Ming Taijiquan

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Shi Ming Taijiquan

Postby wushutiger on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:02 am

HI Guys,

Recently a friend who I havent had contact with in years mentioned he has started training with a student of Shi Ming's here in Beijing in Shi Ming's style of Taiji. I have seen this video before and I have my own thoughts about this stuff, which I will keep to myself, but I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with Shi Ming and/or his students and his taiji?

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzIjUR-mHCY
wushutiger
Wuji

Re: Shi Ming Taijiquan

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:19 am

the compliant partner has a future as a pop n lock dancer. :)
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:49 am

I've seen it before and have the same question, why doesnt one of the interviewers hold hands with the Master?
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:32 am

I expected to see some type of taolu with exposition of martial arts talent, which was sorely lacking!
I noticed that with teachers like Shi Ming, they NEVER mentioned who his teachers were, nor do they give a well rounded background of the profiled performer.

I did read one of his books some years ago (witten by a student??not sure) about empty force technology with arts like taijqiaun, etc and it was a daunting task in lieu of some type of teaching methodology that would allow one to reach that stage (it is secret, obviously). It would make sense to profile his students who have reached this goal since their teacher (Ssi Ming) has/had so elucidated this esoteric level of martial skill!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Yuen-Ming on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:57 am

yeniseri wrote:I expected to see some type of taolu with exposition of martial arts talent, which was sorely lacking!
I noticed that with teachers like Shi Ming, they NEVER mentioned who his teachers were, nor do they give a well rounded background of the profiled performer.

Shi Ming was mainly a disciple of Wang Yongchuan in Yang Jianhou's (and Chengfu's too) line of Yang style Taijiquan but practiced also various other stuff.

YM
Yuen-Ming
Huajing

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Now who'da thunk it :P
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Yuen-Ming on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Tom wrote:My understanding was that Shi Ming studied in Wang Yongquan's line, but with Wei Shuren. WSR is probably the most well-known (best-marketed) of WYQ's disciples, but was far from the most senior disciple (Zhu Huaiyuan would have something to say about this). Shi MIng also integrated aspects of Wu (Yuxiang) taijiquan into his basics and form--who his source was for Wu style is not known.

Yes, there are different versions of this story but all agree on SM being a part of Wang Yongquan's line

That video was ridiculous and so are all these 'no-touch' waste of time
Shi Ming might have had something, apart from what we saw here, but for what we can see in Moyer's vid he was mainly wasting all those people time and his own as well ...

The very negative side of these 'games', for as much as I have seen around, is that with time even the teacher starts to believe ...

:)

YM
Yuen-Ming
Huajing

Postby wushutiger on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:00 pm

Yeah, these people are best called charlatans, and yes they actually believe their nonsense themselves too. I have had experiences with such "qi wonder" people who said they could do such feats, and so I volunteered myself for them to do whatever they please on. When his tricks werent working on me, he quickly said, "come to my seminar and I will do it properly for you", of course his seminar has a nice price tag on it, to which I simply burst out laughing.... What I dont understand is why so many people are sheep and actually follow this crap.
wushutiger
Wuji

Postby Steve Rowe on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:21 am

I think it's his hat..... If you took his hat off him he'd be powerless...
If you see someone without a smile - give 'em one of yours...
Steve Rowe
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:42 am

Steve, you
blasted the cover! :D
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Return to Video Links