Does anyone know this Tong Bei Form???

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Does anyone know this Tong Bei Form???

Postby kenneth fish on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:55 pm

Thanks! I am flattered that you found the seminar worthwhile. You have it right - there is quite a bit of the spinal wave in Tongbei - also the "Yaobei" is similar to tiger. There is also a lot of spinal extension , letting the low back relax and fall away from the head, extending from the flank, letting the shoulders fall and rotate towards the spine to create a solid connection to the body's root. i am insanely jealous that you have the time and energy to devote to studying with a good teacher of any version of Tongbei. I am planning to spend a month with a teacher in Liaoning next year, but that hardly compares.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby Monkfit Master on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:57 pm

kenneth fish wrote:Thanks! I am flattered that you found the seminar worthwhile. You have it right - there is quite a bit of the spinal wave in Tongbei - also the "Yaobei" is similar to tiger. There is also a lot of spinal extension , letting the low back relax and fall away from the head, extending from the flank, letting the shoulders fall and rotate towards the spine to create a solid connection to the body's root. i am insanely jealous that you have the time and energy to devote to studying with a good teacher of any version of Tongbei. I am planning to spend a month with a teacher in Liaoning next year, but that hardly compares.

Hi Dr Fish

Yaobei? I've never heard of Yaobei. Is it part of Tongbei or a different syestem?
Monkfit Master
Santi

Postby kenneth fish on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:45 pm

Yaobei describes the forward and back wave of the )mostly upper) back, like an ape. Its a descriptive term, as in shoukua yaobei "pull into the kua and rock the back to and fro"
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby WongYing on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:22 am

RobT,

Ken Fish, will be back over to the UK in the not too distant future to start teaching Wu Xing TongBei, there will be some seminars etc at my kwoon which you came to for the last seminar of Kens, will keep you posted when dates are fixed.

Regards
Julian
WongYing
Huajing

Postby Monkfit Master on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:35 am

WongYing wrote:RobT,

Ken Fish, will be back over to the UK in the not too distant future to start teaching Wu Xing TongBei, there will be some seminars etc at my kwoon which you came to for the last seminar of Kens, will keep you posted when dates are fixed.

Regards
Julian

Thanks Sifu Dale, that would be great. I'd love to see some more Tong Bei outside of what I study, and Dr Fish is an exellent teacher.
Monkfit Master
Santi

Previous

Return to Video Links