Shanghai Imperial Bagua Master Fa Ma-gua vs Brawler!

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Shanghai Imperial Bagua Master Fa Ma-gua vs Brawler!

Postby Pennykid on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Meeks, I have one question about Yang Guo Tai making newcomers fight one of his students:

Full bore?
Pennykid
Anjing

Postby gzregorz on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:07 am

nicklas wrote:And this is the reason the shit looks like it does when it hits the fan:

Classic!

I put in TNT.
Last edited by gzregorz on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby kreese on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:30 am

I gotta give the bagua guy props for those little curly ques he did with his wrist...nice and baroque, right in that guys face. I think that's what finally pissed him off and got him to whale on the guy.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby Eric_H on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:19 pm

http://www.hungfakwoon.com/ - Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Global HQ.
Eric_H
Anjing

Postby gzregorz on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:27 am

Pennykid wrote:Meeks, I have one question about Yang Guo Tai making newcomers fight one of his students:

Full bore?

I have to say I was surprised at first too, but when I think about it I've seen on numerous ocassions new people coming to a school and people being nice, non-threatening and welcoming to that person and then that person just goes on the internet and talks trash about the place.

At least this case the person gets to see what the school is all about up front. Personally though I probably would have just left respectfully, call me American but I think someone should be able to watch one class without being challenged.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:09 pm

I spent only about 3 years with baquazhang learning the basics but I am mystified why those self proclaimed players always put out their hands as if they are walking the circle and they do nothing else as if waiting liek a duck, for thunder? I am truly baffled! If that is the epitome of baquazhang skill, I can see why people are frustrated with the lack of rela baquazhang training!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby 64Palms on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:59 am

That, like the state of IMA, was atrocious. As I feel very content with my Baguazhang and train, spar, fight blah blah against people from all walks of life but nowdays if people ask me about training I say go do wrestling, BJJ etc. Those guys develop greater IMA skill in months to a couple of years when properly trained than the average IMA school. They can become sage-like later.

And Meeks - I have a bone to pick with you. That avatar gets me stuck in a comatose trance every time it passes my field of vision. I think i'm in love. What's her name?
64Palms
Great Old One

Postby DaDa on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:04 am

I hate to say it but this is probably the only way that kung fu will improve. In the long run it's a good thing.

Also, that brawler looked like he had some training, he was throwing fast and accurate punches and keeping his head down. Then again, the BGZ master took those punches and even gave the brawler a hug in the end. Because of that, I don't know if that BGZ guy was really trying to fight or if he was just trying to play around.
動靜無始
自然而然

虛虛實實
變化無端
DaDa
Huajing

Previous

Return to Video Links