Chen Zhao Kui related clips

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Chen Zhao Kui related clips

Postby .Q. on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:10 am

Supposedly the secret 3rd frame:

http://www.56.com/u30/v_MjkzMTc1NzE.html

I don't believe much in the 'secret' part but it does look interesting.

Also has a link to a slightly longer version (by 2 seconds) of CZK doing cover hand punch than one I've seen before.
Last edited by .Q. on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.Q.
Wuji

Re: Chen Zhao Kui related clips

Postby Bob on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:37 am

Hmmm, the clip isn't there. I guess it was removed. Must really be a big secret! LOL
Bob
Great Old One

Postby Ma Long on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:03 pm

The clip is still there, you just need to be very determined to see it: the site watches your IP address and will redirect you if it doesn't like you (not sure if its because of region). Not to mention it's fairly tough to figure out the unique combination of steps to get it playing (i guess "the play button" would be too easy).

Q, are they any clues as to how it made it into the mainstream? Personally I think this is a video of the 3rd frame.
Ma Long
Santi

Postby Ma Long on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:19 pm

here's a push hands flipbook of CZK.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_ce00XNjQwMDE5Mg==.html
Ma Long
Santi

Postby Shenquan on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:16 pm

The movements look so different from Chen Yu's it makes me wonder whether it's a distinctive trait of this set (it is called duan quan/short boxing) or rather something which has very little to do with Chen Zhaokui at all (despite of the clip name). Does anyone have info on the performer?
Last edited by Shenquan on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shenquan
Santi

Postby .Q. on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Ma Long wrote:The clip is still there, you just need to be very determined to see it: the site watches your IP address and will redirect you if it doesn't like you (not sure if its because of region). Not to mention it's fairly tough to figure out the unique combination of steps to get it playing (i guess "the play button" would be too easy).

Q, are they any clues as to how it made it into the mainstream? Personally I think this is a video of the 3rd frame.

Really? I have problem viewing it using Opera browser but Firefox worked for me. It's a general problem w/ the 56 sites and may be related to me being in Taiwan.
I have no clue how it made it into the mainstream. I just found it listed on a Taiwanese tai chi web forum and posted it here. I sort of doubt it's a secret 3rd form but some movements look pretty good if you don't care what they call it as.

Here's the supposed 4th 'secret' frame (haven't watched this myself actually):
http://www.56.com/u53/v_MzU1ODk0NDI.html
Last edited by .Q. on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:07 pm

Very interesting sets. Clearly, many of the moves are in the other sets; others appear not to be, and still others appear to be moves in the standard sets done backwards. I would disagree with Shenquan: I would say that this guy does move like a lot of xinjia practitioners (much spiralling of the limbs and open-close of chest) albeit he is a dodderer, so his stances are not as low or his movements as crisp as Chen Yu (who is, I think (?) in his 40s - this guy could be in his 80s).

But - (a) who is he?

And - (b) - who has heard of a 3rd or 4th set in Chen Taijiquan? Not me.

I know of the Chen Longfist set, and of course there are various frames (old frame, new frame, small frame) but have always thought that there were only two forms in each of these frames. Anyone else?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby kreese on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:24 pm

Some sort of qin na frame, maybe?
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:25 am

Kreese:

I have no idea, but the thought of a qinna solo form - ie training qinna without a partner is - IMHO, an even worse idea than training punching and kicking without a partner.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby kreese on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:16 am

I'd rather just twist a stick and develop Popeye forearms.

Andy - are you guys wrestling more at your taiji club after your trip to China?
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby chen man on Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:09 am

I'm not sure how anyone is viewing these videos. I can't see them with Safari of Firefox. Can someone move them to youtube please?
chen man
Santi

Postby sdf on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:12 am

Andy_S wrote: IMHO, an even worse idea than training punching and kicking without a partner.

Isn't what boxer do with a punching bag? :)
sdf
Santi

Postby MasterKiller on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:12 am

Bag work developes power and stamina, not technique.
He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher--Walt Whitman.
MasterKiller
Santi

Postby Ma Long on Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:01 pm

maybe someone can try a manual download - here is the URL to the FLV:

http://www.56.com/n_v164_/c35_/14_/18_/ ... 317571.swf

Someone noted that it doesn't actually say this is CZK, just his short form. Apparently there's a link of the same guy doing a 108.
Ma Long
Santi

Postby .Q. on Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:52 am

I meant the short ~13 second clip linked to from the 1st link that was performed by CZK. The 1st link is just his supposed secret form.
.Q.
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links