Wu Tai Chi Fast Form

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Wu Tai Chi Fast Form

Postby Andy_S on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:49 am

YM and Tom:

There is a collection of Yang SH form clips up over at .net. See also Derek's recent thread on "Good PH."

To my eyes - and it IS a casual viewing: I practice neither Yang nor Wu style - the Yang SH forms look very similar to the Wu Fast Form.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:20 am

Andy_S wrote:YM and Tom:

There is a collection of Yang SH form clips up over at .net. See also Derek's recent thread on "Good PH."

To my eyes - and it IS a casual viewing: I practice neither Yang nor Wu style - the Yang SH forms look very similar to the Wu Fast Form.

Neither the movements themselves, nor the way they are executed bear any resemblance to Ma Yueliang's form. There is not a single movement that is identical.
The problem is, that now someone said that Yang SH's taiji looked like Ma YL's and people will remember and repeat that without actually looking at the respective performances. Yang Chengfu's form for instance is much closer to Ma Yueliang's than this one :-\
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby wassy on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Wu_Style_Disciple wrote:The "other" version of the Wu Fast Form demonstrated by Sifu Eddie Wu Kwong Yu:

hi david,

this is unfortunately not a 'fast form'. it is an competition form made by eddie wu, which is done at a slightly faster pace so one can complete it during the allotted 4-6mins most tournament give you. it is sometimes called the 'round form' , but for me the round form is the old form taught by wu chien chaun, so i call it a competition form. the name fast form is misleading ' fast' form are much more than just speed, it about changes in speed from slow to fast not just going fast! in the form both hard and soft energy is expressed; a defining characteristic of the old form of tai ji. some people do the long form fast and call it a fast form, but it is not a true fast form for the same reasons. it is about the expression and manifestation of energy or power, in the wu style fast from taught by chien chuan the yang emerges from the yin, resulting in explosive fa jing power.

happy new year bro!
wassy
Santi

Postby Martin2 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:04 am

Hello Wassy,

thanks for Michael links.
Good to have it here too.

Greetings

Martin2
Martin2
Huajing

Postby wassy on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:21 am

hi martin

thxs for your kind words. say hi to everyone in Germany from us all in the uk!

wassy
wassy
Santi

Previous

Return to Video Links