One tough guy...

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

One tough guy...

Postby GrahamB on Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:13 am

You know how you just take one look at somebody and know you wouldn't want to mess with them? Check out this guy:

:o
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: One tough guy...

Postby JAB on Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:33 am

It's Steve McQueen!! I knew he was still alive!
JAB

Postby jack coffee on Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:35 am

Last edited by jack coffee on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack coffee

Postby middleway on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:02 am

tough old dudes ... bet they dont take no shit from the whipper snappers ....
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby qiphlow on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:20 am

that was fucking awesome.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:36 am

This should look familiar to many of my students - those and similar techniques are what I've been teaching in my self defense classes for years - and were mostly learned from my drill sargent many years ago. On the very first day he chose the biggest, toughest looking guy in the group (mind you, he was all of about 5"6" and looked like Lee Marvin on a bad day) and without saying a word, reached under the guys pect and twisted so hard that the victim fell to the ground, twisted in pain. I love these techniques - simple, effective, and they can be done by a smaller person with a minimum of training.

Next time I am in SF I will show Fong et al some of my favorite ones to use in a bar....
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:10 am

Very cool. Those are what I would call "quick fixes" that even people without solid MA background can learn how to apply effectively in a short period of time.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby ashe on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:16 am

he's got a hell of a resume...
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Mike Strong on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Where did you read his resume ?

What is his name and where does he teach ?

Somewhere in the SouthWest ?

Those apps., - that way of manipulating the spine looks a lot like the stuff I picked up from Uncle Bill, John Painter, and BKF ...

... good stuff !

I remember Uncle Bill often talking about ripping off the guy's cheeck ! :o And grabbing guys by the inner thigh muscles, pecs, etc. OUCH ! :o OWIE OWW OWW OUCH !

You say this stuff is Marine Corps H2H ? JKD ? ???

Good stuff, whatever you want to call it.
Last edited by Mike Strong on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Strong

Postby ashe on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:06 pm

Mike Strong wrote:Where did you read his resume ?

it's in the vid description on youtube.

Bert Poe was a Marine Raider and Korean war vet, bodyguard for Eleanor Roosevelt, champion marine boxer and undefeated professional boxer, Texas Ranger, Sheriff, and security expert.

i googled his name and wound up getting mostly results from the the same folks who posted this video, so i couldn't find anything independent to back up the stuff in the description. seems he runs mostly in jkd circles these days, or at least they're the ones bandying his name about.
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Read closer. I believe he passed a while back.
Jake
JAB

Postby ashe on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:37 pm

i didn't read the stuff at all, since i didn't find what i was looking for in my search. the point was just that i couldn't really find any mention of his name outside the JKD circles (based on a quick search).
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:56 pm

Mike Strong wrote:I remember Uncle Bill often talking about ripping off the guy's cheeck ! :o And grabbing guys by the inner thigh muscles, pecs, etc. OUCH ! :o OWIE OWW OWW OUCH !

Always good to have a flashlight on you. Great for ripping ears, cheeks, breaking fingers if needed.
Ian

Postby Andy_S on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:23 pm

Jolly good, jolly good. The side of pec grab and the lower lat grab are very tasty pain compliance levers, especially of fat bastards. Fun to train too, as while they hurt, they don't damage.* Don't think it would have worked on Bruce though...not enough skin on his bones.

* Which reminds me of a tale told me by a bloke who'd been bouncing somewhere in Oz. He was in a ruck with a bloke, and sunk his teeth into his trapezius. They were in an intense grapple, and our hero pushed the guy away. Well, the guy took off across the room - but leaving his trapezius between my pal's teeth. I have lost contact with him, but wish I had asked now: What did you do with the guy's severed trap? Send it to the hospital to sew it back on, or fry it up in the kitchen?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:24 pm

A tuff dude RIP...
If he was a Texas ranger or marine raider WWII they would have his service records. Looks like he had the goods for combat & Those pointed toe kicker boots are dangerous as hell on the street/ in a bar to...

Ken- did you ever see the 60's era AF hand to hand combat 16MM film with the NCO SSgt(?) H2H instructor doing the combat jujitsu/atemi? He was a scrawny dude with a face like a arkansas mountain dweller- ripped like bruce lee. He was pounding the hell out of his student/assistants looked like 3/4 full attack- they were wearing the old pickle suit olive drab fatigues with the blue name tag's. Vietnam era.. Pretty interesting film, never seen it any where on line or for sale.
Bayonet attacks and stomping on the head finishers ala enter the dragon..
The guy was one crazy dude- a regular zoomie beserker ;D
Last edited by Chanchu on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links