He Jin Bao Yin Bagua

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: He Jin Bao Yin Bagua

Postby C.J.Wang on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:06 am

What interestes me the most about He Jin Bao/Xie Pei-Qi's branch of Yin style is the full arsenal of various entries and techniques that is clearly some of the best I have ever seen. Very direct, adaptiable, and none of the b.s. "merry-go-around" circles associated with inferior Bagua applications.

By the way, He Jin Bao has gained a lot of weight! The guy's really a bear now.

I wouldn't mind seeing him and Luo De Xiu engaging in a round of friendly exchanges. ;)
Last edited by C.J.Wang on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby somatai on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:16 am

HJB is unreal and yes there is so much great material and training in that line of YSB
somatai

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:17 am

That'd be a tussle fo sho.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby JessOBrien on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:19 am

I trained one day with He Jin Bao when he visited USA a few years back. His skill is deep and his martial ability is profound. One of the best Ba Gua fighters I've had the pleasure of meeting. Anyone who can train with him should go for it asap.

-Jess O
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Postby XiaoXiong on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:20 pm

I didn't care much for the apps. Looked real risky, and his posture/line/angle is off at times. Not so great.
J
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to the heart.
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby somatai on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:04 pm

you sir obviously have an eye for quality
somatai

Postby Dale Dugas on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:21 pm

XiaoXiong wrote:I didn't care much for the apps. Looked real risky, and his posture/line/angle is off at times. Not so great.
J

so like most people, rather than go see and FEEL it first hand you make remarks about someones hand who you have not met nor touched.

You need to feel the hand to see if they have any skill or not.
Last edited by Dale Dugas on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby XiaoXiong on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:09 pm

You are half correct. I have never felt nor met Mr. He. I can however certainly see things in his video which I wouldn't do because I know from personal experience that those things don't work for me. Please realize I am not judging Mr. He's skill, just the contents of the video. I would be very pleased to meet him and feel his skill. Perhaps I will not go out of my way, but it would very interesting to feel him use these kind of techniques and then develope a better informed opinion. This opinion is just that, and is only about the video.

I don't like what I see. It's really no big deal. Some people don't like Luo Laoshi's video's and I don't knock 'em for having their opinion. Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about, or maybe it's a matter of taste. It's just one opinion of no significant consequence.
J
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to the heart.
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby Fubo on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Have to say I like the guy's stuff. Fluid yet solid. The applications are also interesting - I think something to keep in mind when judging applications is that some times they are aimed for the less the ideal situation - A person might not go into a spinning back fist/elbow technique as their first choice, but they might find themselves in that situation where the spinning back fist would come in handy etc...
Fubo
Wuji

Postby kreese on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:16 pm

I could be wrong, but the aspect ratio on the first couple of videos looks off. I hate it when people do that.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm

Bagua like other IMA's is a 'shenfa' based art, meaning that a specific body structure and power method is developed then it's used to fight with, rather than learning to fight with what you have. These clips are from a video that is specifically for this style of Yin bagua and it's 'shenfa'.

The first clip is showing the 背身掌 'bei shen zhang' (back body palm(turning the back)) methods which require the back to be highly developed and strengthened from long hours of doing the 'yinyang yu zhang posture'. Its fighting strategy is 'snatching victory from defeat' which is like 'baiting' at Nth level. The opponent/victim always has the feeling that they've gained the upper hand but it's short lived. It's not a basic strategy by any means. Most people don't develop the body to use it and lack the confidence to apply it correctly.

The second clip is some fairly basic methods of 削 Xiao (Scraping).

The third clip is 返身掌 'fan shen zhang' (reversing the body palm). This is also a higher level of strategy (possibly the highest) where in a sense the opposite of what would appear to be the best defense/offense is used (reversing/changing the flow). Instead of continually evading and backing away from a stronger force (which could last a long time) you instead turn into a force and using rising upward and down in a vertical force (fanshen - rise up, overturn) you come down on top of the opponents attack. This strategy is more about power in a vertical plane and vertical circles where most of baguazhang is horizontal power. There is also a 'disconnect' in the whole body as you have to be able to change/reverse on a dime.

I can see why some might not like it when observing from the outside, and why they'd prefer to stick with their easier to apply 平托掌 'Ping tuo zhang' (holding and Lifting Palm). 'Ping Tuo' is bagua's version of xingyiquan and the closest thing to western fighting. Probably my favorite as well.

Last edited by D_Glenn on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:02 am

In our Gao style lineage, majority of applications for back body and reversing body palms are circular throws and takedowns where the executioner would rapidly shift position and take away the opponent's balance simultaneously -- rather than standing relatively still in one spot, turning, and hitting.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby TaoBoxer on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:23 am

In the hands of players like Luo LaoShi and Jinbao, no technique no matter how ridiulous looking, is off the table. If you set up your entry properly, it can be done. If you don't, even the "safest" techniques will getcha killed.

Lewitt
Never go full retard
TaoBoxer
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:43 am

C.J.Wang wrote:In our Gao style lineage, majority of applications for back body and reversing body palms are circular throws and takedowns where the executioner would rapidly shift position and take away the opponent's balance simultaneously -- rather than standing relatively still in one spot, turning, and hitting.

That's baguazhang: every throw can be a strike, every strike can be a throw. You should see the same stuff done on myself when we're training on grass.

Last edited by D_Glenn on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links