Master Wilson Wu (Cheng Baguazhang)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Master Wilson Wu (Cheng Baguazhang)

Postby williamwilson666 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:48 am

This is Master Wilson Wu, one of the top two disciples of Sun Zhi Jun.

Such is my desire to immerse myself in, that old chestnut, the "real kung fu", and a concometent desire to abandon dreary, miserable South Wales for pastures new, I am actually considering moving to Canada in 12 months to train with this person. Now, given his flawless lineage and how impressive his skill appears to a novice like myself, I don't consider this an extraordinairy gesture; however, I would like to read some opinions of the more experienced Bagua people on this board of his form. Is he as good as he appears to me?

williamwilson666
Anjing

Re: Master Wilson Wu (Cheng Baguazhang)

Postby kenneth fish on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:25 am

Sun Zhijun was one of the few Bagua teachers in Beijing about whom I have heard nothing but good things, and who (according to other teachers, such as LIang Kequan) really knew how to apply his art. If Mr. Wu is one of his better students, then he is certainly worth looking into. I would suggest going for a week or two to visit and see what you think. Of course, this could just be a ploy on your part to escape the miserable, dreary Welsh winters. Which blend seamlessly into the miserable, dreary Welsh spring and incredibly short summer. Followed by miserable, dreary autumn and so on. Not to mention the food (please don't mention the food). All in all, you might find the people in Canada happier, the food better and more reasonably priced, some decent beer, and a better quality of life for your money, not to mention some decent kung fu instruction.
Last edited by kenneth fish on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:15 pm

I've not had much, but I've never had a Canadian beer that wasn't rife with esters. But I'm an ale guy.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby David Boxen on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Plus if you go to Richmond I can only assume that you'll find lots of good Chinese food.
We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves. - Norbert Wiener
David Boxen
Huajing

Postby Andy_S on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:48 am

Buddy:

And what the hell is wrong with esters In ale? Try a Duvel, mate!

I must say that every Canadian beer I have tried has been putrid piss - bar one" AlleyKat, a copper IPA; a real explosion of Cascade hop.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:42 am

I take it you have never tried Fin du Monde or Maudite? There are quite a number of very good micro brews in Canada - excellent bitter ales and wheat beers too. The large commercial brews are as lousy as any Miller or Budweiser product.

Unibrew puts out some very nice brews

http://www.unibroue.com/products/fin.cfm

And even the Moose Drool Ale from Big Sky is tasty

http://www.bigskybrew.com/
Last edited by kenneth fish on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Actually those are two I had. Absolutely hated both. Like eating bubble gum, the esters were so pronounced.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Well, I suppose tastes differ then - I take it you are not fond of any of Wychwood Breweries fine products - Hobgoblin Real Ale, Fiddlers Elbow, and such, or (two of my favorites, can't recall the brewers) Thomas Hardy's Real Ale and Bishops Finger? (all of these are British - and I have had some micros of equal quality in Canada)

Just an aside - anybody here remember Ballentine IPA?
Last edited by kenneth fish on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:16 pm

You've got me pegged, Ken. I found Bishop's Finger too estery as well. I'm a stout and porter guy. In ales, I prefer malty to hoppy from one end to the other. Esters bum me out. I'm not familiar with the others.
Last edited by Buddy on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:00 pm

Anything called "Moose Drool" is fine by me!
edededed
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:53 am

Porter and stout are good too - I am fond of oatmeal stout, but its hard to find a good porter anymore in the States. Same goes for bock - there used to be several really good bock beers (seasonal) and local porters in New York in the1950's and 60's - hard to find now.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby chud on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:18 am

I don't know what the heck you guys are worrying about, all you need is some Natural Light.
chud
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:29 pm

Of course.... A Texan telling us about beer ::) ;D
JAB

Postby taiwandeutscher on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:30 pm

Come on, guys, if you want to talk of beer, go to Bavaria in Southern Germany. We have a purity law dating from 1300: hopes grown locally, malt rosted locally and water pumped locally, never anythingelse!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Buddy on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Pfeh! It's lager.

Ken, my current fave for porter is Smuttynose Porter. You probably can't get it down there, it's brewed in my once and future home, Portsmouth NH. A frothy glass of chocolaty goodness.
Buddy
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links