UFC 88

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

UFC 88

Postby jasonf on Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:26 am

link to the fights www.mmascraps.com
jasonf
Huajing

Re: UFC 88

Postby XiaoXiong on Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:42 am

Thanks for the link! Rashad has nice relaxed power in a lot of his strikes! That knockout was great!
J
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to the heart.
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:36 am

SPOLIER, highlight to read...

there's no doubt about that one. chuck got ktfo. too bad, i wanted to see him win. i enjoy seeing the older fighters do well, but i think it's time for chuck to either tighten up his style or hang up the gloves. he's always kept his guard very low, and he seems to be just a little bit slower or his chin is just a little bit softer than it used to be. he was at least six inches from landing that uppercut, and they basically threw the shots at the same time.

big respex to evens for expressing concern for his opponent. great wude!
Last edited by ashe on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:55 pm

ah, thanks for the link! i was debating last night whether to order or not, but then i figured one of the kind souls on eF would post a link to the bouts.
cheers!
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:11 pm

Do you think his next fight will be Forrest or Quinton? Or do ya think they'll put him in with Rich Franklin?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:14 pm

if it were me calling the shots, franklin vs. jackson and he gets the winner of that, and then the winner of that one would get forrest.
but only dana knows for sure...
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:39 am

that was a badass knockout to be fair ... good timing, good form and good placement ....

Poor old chuck ...

Cheers
Chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby MikeC on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:07 am

Actually, Joe Silva makes the matches. And Franklin just returned to the 205 division, plenty more ahead of him. As far as Forrest goes, I think he has to give his rematch to Rampage before anything else happens.

Mike
MikeC

Postby Jeice on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:16 pm

Chuck's problem is he makes stupid tactical mistakes. Left hook to the body with his chin out in no mans land against Jackson, and a right uppercut from LONG RANGE against someone who's been priming an overhand right for a round and a half...
I'm not saying I can do better, or am any kind of fighter, but basic boxing theory tells you these are fantastic ways to wind up napping.

Also, Rashad gets Forrest next, they announced it after the show. I think everyone here has forgotten about the real 205 sleeper, Lyoto Machida, if Rashad gets next, I hope they're planning 1 more fight for Machida then giving him the shot.
Jeice
Anjing

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:46 pm

Chuck lost the game with his mind. He let Rashad pull his mind out from where it should be. Rashad wouldn't engage Chuck aggressively. Chuck is a counter fighter. Rashad got chuck moving forward and attacking which isn't his game. Rashad had better timing, a better game plan, and a better mind game. Rashad was the better fighter that night.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:49 pm

Yeah, it happens to the best of us and should be expected to happen eventually. I think that there are plenty of fights that could be made instead of Rashad/Forrest. But, just like Forrest got his shot by beating a top guy, not all his possible opponents, then Rashad has earned his "chance" at the title. Er, I should say "the Big Money." As for Franklin, he's in that division to make money. If he fights the champ at that weight and loses, there is no place but down. He can make a lot more on his name if he fights his way up. Hey, and he'd still have to look out for Anderson Silva --who can also fight at 205. Dana makes me laugh, though, when he says "Rich Franklin is the best middleweight in the world. He just can't beat Anderson Silva." I like Rich, too. I just think Dana's comment was funny.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:18 pm

i really hate to see chuck lose so much, but like steve said, it happens to everyone eventually. it's gotta be one hell of a mindfuck to keep hearing what an awesome fighter you are, but to lose 4 of your last 5 fights.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:23 am

The key to winning in MMA. Turn up da riddum.

http://www.mmascraps.com/2008/09/turn-up-riddum.html
Chris Fleming

Postby CaliG on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:27 am

I hear Chuck can't fight for 60 days as a result of that KO.

I also hear he was down for 5 minutes.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/se ... vans_sport
CaliG

Return to Video Links