Wutan(g) Movie

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Wutan(g) Movie

Postby Bob on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:46 pm

Short film project by Andy Lianto when he attended NYU film class---its a fun thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q41iBuQ-8g&feature=user

Anybody know where to get a copy of the music that is played at the end of the clip?
Bob
Great Old One

Re: Wutan(g) Movie

Postby SPJ on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:52 pm

Tai Chi against mantis.

cool.

the young one should have quitted after the first encounter/exchange of hands/zhao.

if the young one knows what is going on, he would have yielded after watching TY moves or showing of hands already.

--

;D
SPJ
Wuji

Postby Kurt Robbins on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:57 pm

The KISS movie was better than this!
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby Bob on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:28 pm

I'll pass the word on---KISS
Bob
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:30 pm

Nice lighting. What happened to the plot?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Bob on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:37 pm

Hey, I don't know!

BTW Kurt, here is the wrestler we talked about a year ago---Thomas W. Ruff--last seen in Steamboat, Colorado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OUQzKndA00

Bob
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:58 am

both nice form- not feckin around mantis, or taiqi for the matter.
now i know if the guys keeps asking you are you sure... you better say you are not!
thanks
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:41 am

Bob wrote:Short film project by Andy Lianto when he attended NYU film class---its a fun thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q41iBuQ-8g&feature=user

Very invigorating!
Last edited by Overlord on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Overlord

Postby Bob on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:25 pm

Overlord, thanks for the great find!

How about the music at the end of the video. I think Andy once told me it was from a Japanese cartoon series. I have been dying to find it.

Thanks again!
Bob
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:00 pm

Small side note for you Bob, terribly unimportant but it keeps buggging me.

No "g" at the end of Master Liu's organization. It is WutaN not WutanG. I finnally noticed the Chinese on the website one day and it's not "wutang" like the martial arts classification at all. It is "tan" which means a sort of a high culture place to discuss lofty ideas. So it's not a reference to "the Wutang style" as in "Shaolin vs. Wutang". He actually called it something that means more like "a place to have intelligent discussion (tan) about martial arts (wu)".

I'd type the characters but I am in a Korean hotel (12 hour layover on my way to Beijing) and I can't type Chinese on this computer.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Bob on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Hey, Omar, enjoy Korea, I had a great two weeks in Pushan.

This Wu Tang/Wu Tan is just a sort of slip translation/1980s whatever. I had always been told that Wu Tan(g) was translated as the an altar upon which we lay of the traditional Northern martial arts of China---it was an organization designated to more or less help preserve the traditional martial arts of China via Taiwan's claim to preserving all things traditional Chinese. Given the state of affairs between the mainland and Taiwan at that time along with the propaganda on both sides, I suspect the "mainlanders" on Taiwan expected all traditional arts to die under Mao's rule---contemporary Wushu would be the game in town. Of course, that didn't quite happen. LOL but its all understandable---

Now, I really don't know how the original characters translate into pin yin since Taiwan didn't use pin yin but used the Yale system or wade giles? You guys posting here know the technical stuff better than I do so please chime in!

Hey, back in China for awhile? Enjoy every moment you can!
Bob
Great Old One

Postby Joe L. on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:04 pm

Bob wrote:Overlord, thanks for the great find!

How about the music at the end of the video. I think Andy once told me it was from a Japanese cartoon series. I have been dying to find it.

Thanks again!

Its one of the instrumental songs from the first few seasons of 'Naruto'. It should be fairly easy to find a torrent of the cd. If not and you're still dying to find it, I'll search it out for ya.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:08 pm

Bob,

I really like that translation. It works for me. I was thinking of a kind of a raised uh..."dais"? I know what a "tan" is but I guess was not so sure what they were used for. I have seen a lot of "tian tan" (heavenly tan) roads in China. Anyways, the pinyin is "tan".

My flight is boarding, gotta run.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:50 am

Bob wrote:Overlord, thanks for the great find!

Thanks again!

No success! Will ask friends!
Overlord

Postby count on Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:59 am

Omar (bailewen) wrote: He actually called it something that means more like "a place to have intelligent discussion (tan) about martial arts (wu)".

I'd type the characters but I am in a Korean hotel (12 hour layover on my way to Beijing) and I can't type Chinese on this computer.

We always called it "Academy" in English. Like a university or college, but not a university or college. Doesn't seem like an exact translation though. :-\
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links