Taiji/Ninjitsu/Jujitsu

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Taiji/Ninjitsu/Jujitsu

Postby CaliG on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:05 am

WILLIE wrote:
everything wrote:
CaliG wrote:I like the concept but I can't really buy into the whole ninja thing.

It;s a red herring. More like a cloud of smoke - add that smoke, have the guy disappear at the end, maybe put a mask on him.

HI: I'm WILL thats my vid,there are 2 more on there if you like to see them. ACEMFG youtube

there's not much ninjutsu in there, as far as technique's.

i claim no rights to it at all. but because i trained in sento and the master i currently train with has 2 years in ninjutsu which has heavily influenced his taiji and cant call it just taiji either.

the biggest part of ninjutsu here is (zombie) a no mind meditation.

if you look up sento and read the profile you will find that my old shihan is a 5th degree blackbelt ninjutsu.

but like i said i claim no right to it.
cheers

I hear you, but I'm skeptical that ninjitsu was an art designed for hand to hand combat. I believe it was the art of assassination, much like a hitman without a gun.

I don't think a good ninja would actually square up against anyone, if an attack failed he'd wait another day to shoot a dart in your neck.

But it's cool, it's not your claim. It's just my opinion.
Last edited by CaliG on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaliG

Postby WILLIE on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Royal Dragon wrote:
WILLIE wrote:
P. Li wrote:No longer available.

HI i'm WILL thats my vid, i took it off so it is not pirated by people like chosen ninja b.s.

I put it back on for a while but i would sure hate to see this art get into hands of some of the people on youtube who i just cant respect.

cheers

Reply]
Too late,I already pirated it.

O.K.
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILLIE

Postby WILLIE on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:03 pm

I hear you, but I'm skeptical that ninjitsu was an art designed for hand to hand combat. I believe it was the art of assassination, much like a hitman without a gun.

I don't think a good ninja would actually square up against anyone, if an attack failed he'd wait another day to shoot a dart in your neck.

But it's cool, it's not your claim. It's just my opinion.[/quote]

cheers
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILLIE

Postby everything on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:27 pm

we tend to think of "martial arts" nowadays as equating to hand to hand combat. according to wikipedia, my 2nd most reliable source of information (this board being the first lol), the ninjas used other techniques such as weapons of the time - sword, stick, shuriken (of course), plus explosives, escape/concealment, stealth/entry, disguise/concealment, geography, etc., - all appropriate for guerilla warfare, "secret agent" or "assassin" type activities of the time, but most of those skills seem like what any pre modern tribal warfare societies would want to be proficient in (probably without shuriken and explosives but with the addition of different crazy, scary masks).
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby WILLIE on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:05 pm

cheers
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
WILLIE

Postby nianfong on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:52 pm

video is private now.
wait do some of you actually think ninjutsu is a real martial art? because really. it is teh fake.

just see the Human weapon episode on ninjutsu and you can see the utter fake-itude.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby WILLIE on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:01 pm

nianfong wrote:video is private now.
wait do some of you actually think ninjutsu is a real martial art? because really. it is teh fake.

just see the Human weapon episode on ninjutsu and you can see the utter fake-itude.

-Fong

cheers.
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILLIE

Postby nianfong on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:07 pm

the human weapon ep actually did nothing to debunk the "art". Basically they only had hatsumi in one part, and the rest all went to kenjutsu and jujutsu/aikijujutsu schools. the instructor for the throwing star art section of the show had "SHINKAGERYUU" clearly written on his gi. shinkageryuu is a koryuu, and NOT ninjutsu.

1) note how all the students are WHITE in the hatsumi school. they even noted this in the human weapon ep. japanese people don't fall for the bullshit.
2) akijujutsu and jujutsu masters would do better takedowns than hatsumi in that video.
3) koryuu japanese sword/fighting styles have better weapon techniques.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby WILLIE on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:27 pm

nianfong wrote:the human weapon ep actually did nothing to debunk the "art". Basically they only had hatsumi in one part, and the rest all went to kenjutsu and jujutsu/aikijujutsu schools. the instructor for the throwing star art section of the show had "SHINKAGERYUU" clearly written on his gi. shinkageryuu is a koryuu, and NOT ninjutsu.

1) note how all the students are WHITE in the hatsumi school. they even noted this in the human weapon ep. japanese people don't fall for the bullshit.
2) akijujutsu and jujutsu masters would do better takedowns than hatsumi in that video.
3) koryuu japanese sword/fighting styles have better weapon techniques.

-Fong

cheers
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILLIE

Postby nianfong on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:45 pm

I can't see your video. it's currently private, and I don't have acecss.

the human weapon guys were taught stuff from hatsumi's school, and took it seriously. and it was pretty much bullshit.

If ninjutsu were a real martial art, then why are there no japanese students in hatsumi's school? You'd think such a romanticized style would have thousands of students in japan. but it doesn't.

The people teaching, like hatsumi, may be real martial artists, but I find the dishonesty of claiming to be "ninjutsu" is completely unappealing.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby WILLIE on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:54 pm

[quote="nianfong"]I can't see your video. it's currently private, and I don't have acecss.

the human weapon guys were taught stuff from hatsumi's school, and took it seriously. and it was pretty much bullshit.

If ninjutsu were a real martial art, then why are there no japanese students in hatsumi's school? You'd think such a romanticized style would have thousands of students in japan. but it doesn't.

The people teaching, like hatsumi, may be real martial artists, but I find the dishonesty of claiming to be "ninjutsu" is completely unappealing.

-Fong[/quote

cheers
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
WILLIE

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:11 pm

S- kicks back. Cracks beer.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:18 pm

pass one over here.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby WILLIE on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:07 pm

Tom wrote:
WILLIE wrote:
nianfong wrote:and here's another one. sorry alittle sloppy 2-3 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QancuLF1rvs

I saw a ninja climb swiftly up the spiral staircase about 0:55-59. :o

cheers
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
WILLIE

Postby nianfong on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:21 pm

don't know what? I still can't see any videos. videos are private.
nianfong
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links