Mario Napoli in Chen village PH competition

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Mario Napoli in Chen village PH competition

Postby Jack Burton on Tue May 20, 2008 4:50 am

Buddy wrote:Mario is a terror to the limp wristed tie chee=ers.

I dont know about gin but somebody has been taking the brown acid
Jack Burton
Santi

Postby flaigle_7 on Tue May 20, 2008 2:15 pm

Frazetta wrote:Has anyone here ever touched hands or pushed/wrestled with Mario Napoli? Curious.

Thanks for the post, Dmitri.

I have at the Sunday night push hands thing in NYC. He's very strong and good at what he does.
flaigle_7
Santi

Postby Buddy on Tue May 20, 2008 4:15 pm

Oh good, a noob comments.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Frazetta on Tue May 20, 2008 6:21 pm

flaigle_7 wrote:I have at the Sunday night push hands thing in NYC. He's very strong and good at what he does.

I don't give a flip if you're a noob or not (Fucking with the noobs is old and grates my left ball). Thanks for responding.

Interesting. Your response makes it sound like he beat you at his game (taiji pushhands) but you could potentially beat him at yours (?). Perhaps you could elaborate on the good, bad, and ugly if you don't mind. Thanks.
Last edited by Frazetta on Tue May 20, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frazetta
Anjing

Postby D_Glenn on Tue May 20, 2008 6:24 pm

Ian wrote:Hey you know what'd be really cool? A world grappling competition. Grapplers from every country come together to test their skill in a elimination round format. I'd pay good money to see that.

Can't tell if you're joking but haven't you heard of Abu Dhabi world championships?

- pretty boring though IMHO ;D
Last edited by D_Glenn on Tue May 20, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Tue May 20, 2008 9:02 pm

SNIP
They say God and the Devil are both in the details. I would think that as you are a writer you would have noted the word "good" before taiji player.

I'd like to see what Wang Hai Jun would do to him.
SNIP

Well, I don't dispute that Wang HJ is good, but I understand that Mario defeated one of Wang Xian's sons in the final, and those boys are, I think it is fair to say, on a level with Wang HJ.

SNIP
To my way of thinking, this just illustrates that there is as much crap taiji in China as anywhere.
SNIP

I know you have trained under Wang, but have you seen any of his PH matches? Do you think they would look much different to this....?

SNIP
BTW, I'm not fond of gin.
SNIP

Why are you telling me? I don't want to hear about your problems, Walter!
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Tue May 20, 2008 9:13 pm

D_Glenn wrote:
Ian wrote:Hey you know what'd be really cool? A world grappling competition. Grapplers from every country come together to test their skill in a elimination round format. I'd pay good money to see that.

Can't tell if you're joking but haven't you heard of Abu Dhabi world championships?

- pretty boring though IMHO ;D

haha no I haven't.

I am so not joking though. Mongolian wrestling versus Sambo. Native American wrestling versus Shuai Jiao. Turkish wrestling versus Indian wrestling. Think about it dude!!!11

And plenty of import models for the mixed gender mud wrestling tents (VIP only). -whip-
Last edited by Ian on Tue May 20, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Postby Buddy on Wed May 21, 2008 5:33 am

"Fucking with the noobs is old and grates my left ball"

Tough shit.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Walter Joyce on Wed May 21, 2008 5:45 am

Andy_S wrote: Why are you telling me? I don't want to hear about your problems, Walter!

Simple solution, ignore my posts.

8-)
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Wed May 21, 2008 6:48 am

I've always believed that PH training was never meant to become competition. When PH it turned into a competitive sporting event with rules that limit players' options, it's bound to look like wrestling.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby flaigle_7 on Wed May 21, 2008 7:45 am

Frazetta wrote:
Interesting. Your response makes it sound like he beat you at his game (taiji pushhands) but you could potentially beat him at yours (?). Perhaps you could elaborate on the good, bad, and ugly if you don't mind. Thanks.

Well, based on my experience, I think he has different goals for his push hands training than do I. I did enjoy the experience. it taught me about some of the tension I carry, how an opponent can box you into a certain mind set, and how to be creative when limited. at this stage of the game, I'm less interested in push hands as competitive exercise though. I find it a little too restrictive and counter productive in more realistic scenarios. That being said, I do think there is a lot to be gained from some other types of push hands training, coupled with a more diverse training curriculum.
flaigle_7
Santi

Postby JAB on Wed May 21, 2008 8:50 am

CJ - It looks like wrestling because it is!

Abu Dhabi is boring???? Jesus, do you know what you are looking at when you watch it? The ADCC is open to all comers, but most of the countries you mention have not produced grapplers that are anywhere on par with those fighting BJJ / submission wrestling!

Jake -mg-
JAB

Postby Frazetta on Wed May 21, 2008 3:08 pm

flaigle_7 wrote:
Frazetta wrote:

Well, based on my experience, I think he has different goals for his push hands training than do I. I did enjoy the experience. it taught me about some of the tension I carry, how an opponent can box you into a certain mind set, and how to be creative when limited. at this stage of the game, I'm less interested in push hands as competitive exercise though. I find it a little too restrictive and counter productive in more realistic scenarios. That being said, I do think there is a lot to be gained from some other types of push hands training, coupled with a more diverse training curriculum.

Cool. Thanks.
Frazetta
Anjing

Postby Frazetta on Wed May 21, 2008 3:13 pm

Buddy wrote:"Fucking with the noobs is old and grates my left ball"
Tough shit.

Hey, if grating on my balls is your thing -punchballs- then by all means continue, pretty boy. -ghey-
Last edited by Frazetta on Wed May 21, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frazetta
Anjing

Postby Buddy on Wed May 21, 2008 4:47 pm

I ain't that pretty, son.
Buddy
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links