Mario Napoli in Chen village PH competition

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Mario Napoli in Chen village PH competition

Postby Dmitri on Mon May 19, 2008 5:58 am

(This took place several years ago; I think it was 2001 or something like that... don't remember now.)

P.S. Embedding this one seems to have a problem, so here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNXnxCpjUNM
Last edited by Dmitri on Mon May 19, 2008 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Re: Mario Napoli in Chen village PH competition

Postby JAB on Mon May 19, 2008 10:07 am

Nice wrestling!
Jake 8-)
JAB

Postby steelincotton on Mon May 19, 2008 10:11 am

Sumo do it better, but still, I'm sure Mario is one tough character.
Last edited by steelincotton on Mon May 19, 2008 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby internalenthusiast on Mon May 19, 2008 10:16 am

thanks dmitri,

boy, you found this almost as soon as mario put it up.

i've been wanting to see this particular thing for years.

:)
Last edited by internalenthusiast on Mon May 19, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
internalenthusiast
Great Old One

Postby Walter Joyce on Mon May 19, 2008 10:19 am

I'm curios why a good taiji player couldn't deal with him as taiji is based on wrestling.
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Mon May 19, 2008 10:37 am

internalenthusiast wrote:i've been wanting to see this particular thing for years.

Same here...

Someone just posted it on a different forum, so I figured I'd repost as I suspected a few people other than myself wanted to see this.
Last edited by Dmitri on Mon May 19, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Mon May 19, 2008 3:47 pm

Who is he? Teacher?
Jake
JAB

Postby shawnsegler on Mon May 19, 2008 4:04 pm

He's a student of one of chen man chings students on the east coast. I have the taichi mag where they covered that.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Mon May 19, 2008 4:41 pm

Actually I think he's out of Stan Israel. Mario is a terror to the limp wristed tie chee=ers. And I think And Mike He Who Must Not Be Named (whom I heard is over on the Native Menstrual site now) have a long time feud.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Mon May 19, 2008 6:28 pm

The expressions on the judges' faces! LOL

If I were a competitive push hands player, I'd maybe start to modify my tactics...

Hey you know what'd be really cool? A world grappling competition. Grapplers from every country come together to test their skill in a elimination round format. I'd pay good money to see that.
Ian

Postby Andy_S on Mon May 19, 2008 6:29 pm

Great, have wanted to see that for years. Some grim faces on the judging bench, there!

SNIP
I'm curios why a good taiji player couldn't deal with him as taiji is based on wrestling.
SNIP

Have you been at the gin again, Walter? They ARE Taiji players, and they ARE wrestling. Mario was the better man on the day, is all. Though I understand Mario also does judo...?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Mon May 19, 2008 6:35 pm

Great, have wanted to see that for years. Some grim faces on the judging bench, there!

SNIP
SNIP

Have you been at the gin again, Walter? They ARE Taiji players, and they ARE wrestling. Mario was the better man on the day, is all. Though I understand Mario also does judo...?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby AllanF on Mon May 19, 2008 8:34 pm

Cool post and yup the expressions are a treat. How ever as the video has clearly been edited those expressions may have been taken completely out of context. Like, maybe some one crapped on the stage or something!...It can happen! -toilet-
AllanF

Postby Frazetta on Mon May 19, 2008 10:46 pm

Has anyone here ever touched hands or pushed/wrestled with Mario Napoli? Curious.

Thanks for the post, Dmitri.
Last edited by Frazetta on Mon May 19, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frazetta
Anjing

Postby Walter Joyce on Tue May 20, 2008 2:30 am

Andy_S wrote:Great, have wanted to see that for years. Some grim faces on the judging bench, there!

SNIP
SNIP

They say God and the Devil are both in the details. I would think that as you are a writer you would have noted the word "good" before taiji player.

I'd like to see what Wang Hai Jun would do to him.

To my way of thinking, this just illustrates that there is as much crap taiji in China as anywhere.

BTW, I'm not fond of gin.

8-)
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links