some new ILC clips...

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

some new ILC clips...

Postby ashe on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:14 pm

just a couple little clips shot by a training brother of mine. i think these were shot in poland...

there's a few more in his profile, but to be honest i think they're mostly of interest to ILC students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0yjJIFnheA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib5y6oz0tsM
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Re: some new ILC clips...

Postby Dmitri on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:26 am

Nice, esp. the first one. Thanks for the reminder. 8-)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Ray on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:32 pm

Thanks Ashe! Sam Chin in very impressive. Do you have more examples of ILC responses or application in standup striking before the clinch? Ray
Ray
Santi

Postby Ben on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:48 pm

Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing!
Never confuse movement with action.
-Ernest Hemingway
Ben
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:07 pm

Ray wrote:Thanks Ashe! Sam Chin in very impressive. Do you have more examples of ILC responses or application in standup striking before the clinch? Ray

hmmm...

could you elaborate a bit more?
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Ray on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:07 pm

Sure, the second video demonstrated a possible response to a jab/lead hand strike. I've also seen videos of some of the Russian ILC practioners engaging in standup striking/sparring. My question is whether ILC has a strategy to bridge the striking/kickboxing range and the push/sticky/spinning hand range that Sam Chin does so well. This could be both offensively and defensively. Looking forward to your thoughts. Ray
Ray
Santi

Postby Pennykid on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Ah, the russians.
I confess I was hoping one of the clips was going to be an ILC Divas swimsuit video but fortune rarely favors the lonely.

I love seeing anything from Sam Chin. Thanks for the clips Ashe.
Pennykid
Anjing

Postby dragontigerpalm on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:07 pm

Ashe,
Thanks for posting. This is like a small taste of what was covered during the two day workshop which you unfortunately couldn't make. Frank videotaped most if not all. Maybe there will be more clips to view.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Bao on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:42 am

Ash, why do think these clips would only interest practitioners of your style? Do you believe that only Yiliqiquan (sorry for the "correct" spelling) has this kind of methods? I see good and very practical methods, but also a demonstration on basic and common principles. Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Last edited by Bao on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:43 pm

Ray wrote: My question is whether ILC has a strategy to bridge the striking/kickboxing range and the push/sticky/spinning hand range that Sam Chin does so well.

well, there is a "strategy", but it's deceptively simple really. it basically just boils down to put your hands out and walk in. the hands essentially mirror your opponents shoulders, and you just pick wether you want them to come inside our outside. if you want them to come inside/up the middle, you use an open position, and if you want them to come from the outside, you use a closed hand position kinda similar to wing chun.
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:53 pm

Bao wrote:Ash, why do think these clips would only interest practitioners of your style? Do you believe that only Yiliqiquan (sorry for the "correct" spelling) has this kind of methods?

concerning spelling;

a) it's ashe :D

b) yiliquan is the art developed by phillip starr and has no relation to the art i train, so i think the strange romanization of "i-liq chuan" actually is a helpful distinction.

as far as the other clips go... they sort of cover some fine / esoteric points that without the frame of reference of having been trained in ILC, are either easy to misinterpret or miss altogether, IMO, especially if you aren't familiar with (or don't appreciate) ILC's concept of "meeting the force".
Last edited by ashe on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:08 pm

ashe wrote:concerning spelling;

a) it's ashe :D

Sorry, I think I got it from my favorite PSone game "Vandal Hearts".

b) yiliquan is the art developed by phillip starr and has no relation to the art i train, so i think the strange romanization of "i-liq chuan" actually is a helpful distinction.

Oh, I see. I just think your spelling is a bit of a pitty, because people having knowledge about chinese will think it is a bad spelling. And if they know about chinese martial arts, but not about your style, they will think its McDojo. I thought so when I first heard about it. And that is a pitty. But I see you think it is useful. I guess people who are interested and open about CMA will understand eventually.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:04 pm

Bao wrote: I just think your spelling is a bit of a pitty, because people having knowledge about chinese will think it is a bad spelling. And if they know about chinese martial arts, but not about your style, they will think its McDojo. I thought so when I first heard about it. And that is a pitty. But I see you think it is useful. I guess people who are interested and open about CMA will understand eventually.

:D

i think if they really have any knowledge of CMA they'll be able to read the original chinese.
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Return to Video Links