Tactical Pistol

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Tactical Pistol

Postby Ian on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:55 am

Ian

Re: Tactical Pistol

Postby ashe on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:12 am

hmmm. not sure about some of that. "the dracula" in particular.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:45 am

Well Mr. Suarez knows his shit.

However, that's one thing I also don't agree with.

I much prefer "slicing the pie":

If there's a threat at extreme close range, I think it's better to go from a close guard to a retracted guard (3:40 in the first clip), with the lead hand loosely forward, which strikes me as a more adaptable posture.

That being said, I've yet to try "the dracula" in training, so what do I know! :)
Ian

Postby chud on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Cool clips, thanks for posting them.
You could probably combine the "dracula" technique and the "slicing the pie" techique and be pretty effective. LOL...dracula slicing the pie. ;D

Btw, I've always wanted to attend a course at Front Sight.
chud
Great Old One

Postby XiaoXiong on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:46 pm

The dracula thingy is straight outta bagua. I would definetly feel comfortable using this tactic. It is very common in philipino and cma.
J
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to the heart.
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby ilove_thistuff on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:53 pm

When I was younger I was never really into firearms usage being a "traditional martial artist" but when I started talking to some guys who are into fma and firearms. They started showing me possible gun disarms and let me do some target practice and now i have to say that learning firearms is pretty handy for all martial artist. I feel like the only way you can really learn to disarm one is to know how to use one too. So thanks for the vid on strategy in usage both are good vid's...i thought slicing the pie was good.
ilove_thistuff
Anjing

Postby Ian on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:38 pm

ilove_thistuff wrote:When I was younger I was never really into firearms usage being a "traditional martial artist" but when I started talking to some guys who are into fma and firearms. They started showing me possible gun disarms and let me do some target practice and now i have to say that learning firearms is pretty handy for all martial artist. I feel like the only way you can really learn to disarm one is to know how to use one too. So thanks for the vid on strategy in usage both are good vid's...i thought slicing the pie was good.

Firearms are to the modern martial artist what swords were to ancient warriors. There is such depth to the practice that you can spend a lifetime just learning about firearms. Any proper work with firearms can also greatly improve your empty hand abilities, as all the same principles apply, yet the margin for error is much smaller.
Ian

Postby strawdog on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:48 am

Firearms = Bows, Crossbows, and sling shots (ancient "warrior" ware). They are all projectile weapons as opposed to a sword which is an edged weapon.
strawdog
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:36 pm

strawdog wrote:Firearms = Bows, Crossbows, and sling shots (ancient "warrior" ware). They are all projectile weapons as opposed to a sword which is an edged weapon.

Clearly there are important differences, but the firearm is the modern "warrior's" primary weapon. I'm saying that with firearms, you can go as deep as you would learning, say, iaijutsu or kenjutsu.
Ian

Postby nianfong on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:11 pm

meynard, do you still train with pistols loaded with rubber bullets?
nianfong
Administrator

Postby strawdog on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:52 pm

No, I never trained with rubber bullets.

I trained with Simunitions. I haven't done it in a while, but when I do I get to play the bad guy now and get shot more.
strawdog
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:29 am

what's a simunition?
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Ian on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:51 am

nianfong wrote:what's a simunition?

training ammo for force on force training.

http://www.strategosintl.com/pdfs/Force ... illing.pdf
Ian

Postby strawdog on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:26 am

Simunition is really good for force on force training and getting shot really puts a big spot light on the slightest error you made. You really can't make a mistake when weapons are involved especially firearms. Simunitions are highly accurate and painful. If someone stuck any part of their body too much when going into a corner as they "slice the pie" they can easily get shot. I even put rounds of simunition on someones arm in a hostage situation scenario. Good times.
strawdog
Great Old One

Postby Plante on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:05 am

Meynard,
What do you think about airsoft? How does it compare to simunitions?
Like dragon, like phoenix.
Plante
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links