Tactical Pistol

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Tactical Pistol

Postby strawdog on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:25 am

I've never really tried it. I don't really know. I shot an AR15 type airsoft once and it was fun, but when I looked at the price tag I figured that I'd rather have the real deal. I also played with airsoft handgun with friends doing gun disarms. That was fun, but not as threatening as a simunition because there's no bang and no pain involved.

On the other hand I've played with simunition handguns against a knife charge, in clinches, and force on force. The pain factor motivates you to do the right thing. I vote for simunitions.
strawdog
Great Old One

Re: Tactical Pistol

Postby Ian on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Plante wrote:Meynard,
What do you think about airsoft? How does it compare to simunitions?

I know this question wasn't directed at me, and I've never used simunitions, but comparing airsoft to the real thing...

-much less recoil with airsoft
-a lot quieter and less intimidating
-lower velocity, so you can actually see the bb travel to its target. people take advantage of this by 'spraying and praying', using the previous shot to adjust the next shot, which is unrealistic

pain penalties still apply, though. you can put a dent in hardwood at close range (<5 meters), so you'd better be wearing safety goggles.
Ian

Previous

Return to Video Links