Torben Bremann: Chen style, Huang Taiji and Sam Tam

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Torben Bremann: Chen style, Huang Taiji and Sam Tam

Postby xian89 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:18 am

Part 12 of the interview (last part) - What would you do differently if you could start over?
https://indrestyrkeblog.wordpress.com/ - my blog where I try to collect useful articles and commentaries on internal training
xian89
Santi

Postby Bao on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:03 am

Thanks for the series. I enjoyed the interview. 8-)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby richardman on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:18 pm

Question has been raised about Sifu Tam's "tai chi issuing" and the use of the spine. It's from the dantian and the turning of the spine.
richardman
Mingjing

Postby xian89 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:48 am

https://exploringtaiji.com/teachers-and ... UECO2o7M-w

Torben has written af blogpost (first this year...) about some of his experiences with the teachers in Taiwan as well as a bit on teachers and traditions in general. A little video and updates on his future plans are also included. Hope you find it useful or interesting :)

A little teaser to fuel interest (or anger ;) ):
"most Chinese “teachers” don´t have much skill when it comes to teaching. They might be skillful themselves but not being capable of transmitting – or willing to do so...There are many reasons for this kind of “teaching” method. Some Chinese teachers are simply crooks who don´t want to teach too open, in fear of loosing the golden calf who brings money and food to the table. Others simply don´t have the ability to teach....I see way too many people who thinks or believe that because a person learned directly for a period from a skillful exponent that it means that they are also skillful themselves. Or being related familywise gives you skill. Nothing can be more wrong. You have to have talent – just like in any other fields – and you have to work hard, analyze, reflect, etc. No one are born with Taiji skills and no one becomes good just by hanging around a skillful exponent....Nowadays the social medias seems to be full of either people who talk about how their teacher was the last or only “true” disciple of a great Master. Or you see people post all kind of things about how Yang Chengfu or somebody else did the forms … Yes – it is interesting to read about the past – I loved to do that myself. But Taiji is not only and solely about the past – it is more about what is going on – now. What can YOU do, which skills do YOU have"
Last edited by xian89 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://indrestyrkeblog.wordpress.com/ - my blog where I try to collect useful articles and commentaries on internal training
xian89
Santi

Postby Bao on Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:24 am

Says that it’s written by Peter Munthe-Kaas... ??? Nothing about Torben. Wrong link? :P

@Charles: Good post. ;)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links