Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby origami_itto on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 am

Unless you believe the immortals gifted humans with completely realized arts, all of this is just something somebody just made up.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Yuen-Ming on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:51 pm

eshan wrote:Very interesting, thank you.

[...]

Thanks.

Ethan, there is no historical source that points to any autoctone martial arts from Wudang.
The area in and around the mountain had its own traditions, like any other place in China, but there is no such a thing as 'wudang martial arts' let alone connection to the styles that are now taught on the mountain.

Zhang Sanfeng lived on Wudang for a number of years, according to some historical sources, but never taught martial arts. These were passed down later, after he left the mountain according to other sources, but none of them was 'wudang'. This is a term invented during Republican era out of respect for the mountain BUT mainly for commercial purposes.

So what you see today as 'wudang art', either on the mountain itself or elsewhere, is mainly recently re-engineered crap based on existing arts or totally made up from scratch.

YM
Yuen-Ming
Huajing

Postby Yuen-Ming on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:54 pm

oragami_itto wrote:Unless you believe the immortals gifted humans with completely realized arts, all of this is just something somebody just made up.

By "made up" I mean modern inventions based on nothing, made by people without skills or knowledge for the wrong purpose.

Everything is 'made up' of course, but traditional martial arts were made up by people who lived in times of real (practical) need and whose lives depended on them. They were then refined through generations of people who were also in the same environment like any other knowledge or technology

YM
Yuen-Ming
Huajing

Postby Ron Panunto on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Yuen-Ming wrote:
eshan wrote:Very interesting, thank you.

[...]

Thanks.

Ethan, there is no historical source that points to any autoctone martial arts from Wudang.
The area in and around the mountain had its own traditions, like any other place in China, but there is no such a thing as 'wudang martial arts' let alone connection to the styles that are now taught on the mountain.

Zhang Sanfeng lived on Wudang for a number of years, according to some historical sources, but never taught martial arts. These were passed down later, after he left the mountain according to other sources, but none of them was 'wudang'. This is a term invented during Republican era out of respect for the mountain BUT mainly for commercial purposes.

So what you see today as 'wudang art', either on the mountain itself or elsewhere, is mainly recently re-engineered crap based on existing arts or totally made up from scratch.

YM

That is also my understanding.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby eshan on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:01 am

Understood, thanks YM.

Yuen-Ming wrote:Ethan, there is no historical source that points to any autoctone martial arts from Wudang.

YM
eshan
Santi

Postby willie on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:10 pm

It is quite obvious to me that he is just shaking his hands. That is called shaking the leaves, I believe. That is not how fajin works. Fajin is only a byproduct of a bow releasing its energy. This is definitely not the case here.
Last edited by willie on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
willie

Postby Trick on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:48 pm

willie wrote:It is quite obvious to me that he is just shaking his hands. That is called shaking the leaves, I believe. That is not how fajin works. Fajin is only a byproduct of a bow releasing its energy. This is definitely not the case here.

To "shake" ones hands whit power there need to be drawing power from the ground up throu the core out to the hands, i also feel the "fajin" in the vid look "made up for looks" . But with TJQ one have to feel to see, so unless touching hand with him one seen nothing 8-)
Trick

Postby willie on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Trick wrote:[
To "shake" ones hands whit power there need to be drawing power from the ground up throu the core out to the hands, i also feel the "fajin" in the vid look "made up for looks" . But with TJQ one have to feel to see, so unless touching hand with him one seen nothing 8-)

I'm not saying that this individual doesn't have any skill. It actually appears as if he has skill mixed in with a bunch of Showmanship. But the entire fact that he even entertains foolishness like shaking the leaves.
tells me that he is lacking proper instruction. If you ask me I would say that it is a psychological issue where his actions are trying to portray an art as if it was something that it is not.
Last edited by willie on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
willie

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:48 am

The whole Fukien white crane system must have got it wrong
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Franklin on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:46 am

i thought there was some authentic wudang stuff...
just not the wushu on the mountain

like taiyiwuxingquan

and the cloudy hands preserved in the mantis lineage (the taiji like boxing)

in shanghai -- there is a lineage of wudang qigong...
which one of my teachers learned..

Franklin
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby willie on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:17 am

Franklin wrote:i thought there was some authentic wudang stuff...
just not the wushu on the mountain

like taiyiwuxingquan

and the cloudy hands preserved in the mantis lineage (the taiji like boxing)

in shanghai -- there is a lineage of wudang qigong...
which one of my teachers learned..

Franklin
hi Franklin I actually trained Wudang on and off for a couple years. I heard that the government destroyed Wudang and then later attempted to reconstruct the original Style by searching for anyone who still obtain the skill. I would find it difficult to believe that it was all fabricated there is just too much there
Last edited by willie on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby jaime_g on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:30 am

I
Wudang is shaolin martial arts resort 2.0. However, there are guys with real skills there. I have heard very very good reviews about Zhong Yun Long
jaime_g
Wuji

Postby eshan on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:23 am

LOL. Ditto for Song XYQ.

wayne hansen wrote:The whole Fukien white crane system must have got it wrong
eshan
Santi

Previous

Return to Video Links