LHBF hu pu

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: LHBF hu pu

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:35 pm

No resemblance what so ever, in LHBF there is no techneque that stands still long enough for anyone to latch onto , block or strike, in the strike in this scenario the entire weight of the body would come down on the blocking arm while the striking arm simultaneously overpowers the block and continues forward toward the contact point , not to say a deflection isn't possible , but it is hard to escape the continuation of the technique, in the blocking scenario the blocking arm would continue in an upward arc while the entire body moves forward with any shape strike you please following, as the striker is taken completely out of center by the forward momentum.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Overlord on Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:37 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:No resemblance what so ever, in LHBF there is no techneque that stands still long enough for anyone to latch onto , block or strike, in the strike in this scenario the entire weight of the body would come down on the blocking arm while the striking arm simultaneously overpowers the block and continues forward toward the contact point , not to say a deflection isn't possible , but it is hard to escape the continuation of the technique,

How about... the point of contact?
If the point of contact is poor, this is not possible at all.
You are right, if you have someone who has a very solid frame or kong fu, and his foot work is mobile, continuation is also not made possible.

So criteria number 1 foot work. 2 Point of contact.
Last edited by Overlord on Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Overlord

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:23 pm

Overlord wrote:
Wanderingdragon wrote:No resemblance what so ever, in LHBF there is no techneque that stands still long enough for anyone to latch onto , block or strike, in the strike in this scenario the entire weight of the body would come down on the blocking arm while the striking arm simultaneously overpowers the block and continues forward toward the contact point , not to say a deflection isn't possible , but it is hard to escape the continuation of the technique,

How about... the point of contact?
If the point of contact is poor, this is not possible at all.
You are right, if you have someone who has a very solid frame or kong fu, and his foot work is mobile, continuation is also not made possible.

So criteria number 1 foot work. 2 Point of contact.

I would agree but the other way around, if you touch me I have touched you which means i have simply to feel the direction of your energy and follow to nullify it , if you have touched me it means we are at arms length , striking distance, I am one step away from striking, hand and foot together, my feet will seek the direction of my strike, and my body will finish in the same place as my strike.
1 point of contact guides the strike
2 the feet follow the strike to finish
I will agree foot work seeks out opportunity
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Strange on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:46 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:No resemblance what so ever, in LHBF there is no techneque that stands still long enough for anyone to latch onto , block or strike,....

i would advise caution; there can be ppl who are faster... whether you are lhbf or not.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Drake on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:56 pm

Strange wrote:i would advise caution; there can be ppl who are faster... whether you are lhbf or not.

True, but "quick + sensitivity" can counter raw speed, and I believe that's what my brother is alluding to.

D.
Best,

Drake
Drake
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:57 pm

got nothing to do with speed, but you are right , no matter what system, it has everything to do with caution. Just like crossing the street.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:01 pm

Hola D
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Drake on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:Hola D

Que paso, C? I'll be seeing you the 21st.

Hasta lombago,

;D
Best,

Drake
Drake
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:12 pm

Now we are talking!
Like a gentleman once said "speed is the device of shaitan"! ;D

This clip is not perfect, but it depicts the three things forth mentioned. And the teacher is in his late 50s.

How to cover the distance to get close fast, is another issue! Close and personal, fighting like kissing :-* girl!
Thanks strange!
Overlord

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:43 pm

Excellent! a picture is worth a thousand words. Follow this clip to youtube for more great examples.
Thanks OL
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Strange on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:51 pm

heh heh heh that be fast
yes my caution was against overconfidence - there are ppl who haul ass and train hard... in whatever system
also, lhbf's 5-Words says "生疏末临敌": if out of practice do not meet the enemy
i think its good advice
...like de la hoya... what can i say huh? ... its a shame

ps: esmar tuek, a space smuggler, said "speed is the device of shaitan" when he talk to gurney halleck about the harkonnens. frank herbert originally wanted to tus the name for a general. the fremen saying was meant to caution against haste and speed in dune climate where there is no precipitation. but i find it equally applicable in our age of instant gratification, branded goods... credit card consumerism in general.
Last edited by Strange on Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:36 pm

Just watched, it wasn't a fight, it was a massacre. Little bee prays on the fatigue elephant!
Overlord

Previous

Return to Video Links