Facebook group: Dumb ass martial arts

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Facebook group: Dumb ass martial arts

Postby grzegorz on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:34 am

I strongly disagree. Defending FB for having an addictive product is a bit like defending Phillip Morris for having an addictive product.

FB was designed to be addictive. Here are those exact words from a founder and first FB president.

https://youtu.be/LPwR1i-sWpo

If he feels the need to blow the whistle then I think it is worth a listen.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 am

Well, my point was that fb didn't make the internet addictive. I'm sure that AOL and Myspace were also designed to make users come back. I also see people taking dozens of selfies during the day, and then posting them on fb. Others take pictures of their dinners, or where they happen to be on the map. I don't see the point, but I'm sure that fb is only the vehicle.

I have a fb account, and I check it when I'm at the computer. I don't really post that much on it. I check my Youtube account just as much. However, I would miss Youtube more than fb if they disappeared. I think if fb were gone, something else would take its place because it serves a function.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:18 am

Well FB deliberately makes selfies addictive by holding back the number of likes to release them in big chunks like a slot machine therefore creating an endorphin rush. This is just one of many tools they use to get people hooked and keep them from closing their accounts, for example.

Yes, a lot of people have accounts they rarely use but why? Because it is designed to create a need in your life and some get addicted to that need.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:31 am

Wow! Even FOX news is raising the question as to whether the rise in social media is creating the rise in teen suicide rate.

https://youtu.be/U5htlD6ZHYw
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:03 am

our ,human psyche is addictive beast , grzegorzu,
so
our aim should be - to work it out, and -chose >healthy drugs< only , like organic food, sex and exercises 8-)
but
due to our twisted nature,- we`re makin`reverse things quite often -joint-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:57 pm

Patrick wrote:The justification for everything today is:
They just want to make money.

Thus:

Gather the faithful and propose a toast
To the epoch of indifference

Exactly!
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:59 pm

wiesiek wrote:our ,human psyche is addictive beast , grzegorzu,
so
our aim should be - to work it out, and -chose >healthy drugs< only , like organic food, sex and exercises 8-)
but
due to our twisted nature,- we`re makin`reverse things quite often -joint-

Yes, as strange as it is Tucker Carlson put it best when he said he enjoyed his life before facebook.

Funny how not using FB makes you a rebel or people think you don't how to use it or you have no life. LOL!

I used it for 10 years and I don't want it.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:46 pm

I think a lot of us have been naturally using it less. Maybe the addiction has worn off a little bit.

The posts my friends post are pretty boring! RSF is more entertaining much of the time!
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:18 am

"Black Mirror" Nosedive (2016), http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5497778/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1:
Black Mirror: Nose dive A woman who lives in a world where most people are completely overwhelmed by the madness of being popular and important in social reding earns an invitation from her best childhood friend to her marriage, but certain unexpected occassions will try to stop her from reaching In her destiny, had she been able to attend the wedding?

Excerpt from What psychology actually says about the tragically social-media obsessed society in 'Black Mirror', http://www.businessinsider.com/psycholo ... ia-2016-10:
Study after study has found that when we engage with social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, we may feel a temporary boost from likes or favorites, but there's absolutely no link between social media use and long-term happiness. Some research suggests the opposite, in fact: that social media use is linked with an increase in negative feelings. A January study of 1,787 young US adults sponsored by the National Institute of Mental Health, for example, found a "strong and significant association between social media use and depression." Participants' depression levels, the researchers found, increased alongside the total amount of time spent using social media and the number of weekly visits to social media platforms.

Nevertheless, driven by the hedonic treadmill, we keep using it. We "check" Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as if there's something real there for us to find there. But all we ever get is a "like" or a "fave." And a swipe or a scroll is all it takes to wipe them away.

Can watch it here:
http://vidto.me/dub5xna6hp8r
Last edited by marvin8 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:40 am

marvin8 wrote:"Black Mirror" Nosedive (2016), http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5497778/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1:
Black Mirror: Nose dive A woman who lives in a world where most people are completely overwhelmed by the madness of being popular and important in social reding earns an invitation from her best childhood friend to her marriage, but certain unexpected occassions will try to stop her from reaching In her destiny, had she been able to attend the wedding?

Excerpt from What psychology actually says about the tragically social-media obsessed society in 'Black Mirror', http://www.businessinsider.com/psycholo ... ia-2016-10:
Study after study has found that when we engage with social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, we may feel a temporary boost from likes or favorites, but there's absolutely no link between social media use and long-term happiness. Some research suggests the opposite, in fact: that social media use is linked with an increase in negative feelings. A January study of 1,787 young US adults sponsored by the National Institute of Mental Health, for example, found a "strong and significant association between social media use and depression." Participants' depression levels, the researchers found, increased alongside the total amount of time spent using social media and the number of weekly visits to social media platforms.

Nevertheless, driven by the hedonic treadmill, we keep using it. We "check" Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as if there's something real there for us to find there. But all we ever get is a "like" or a "fave." And a swipe or a scroll is all it takes to wipe them away.

Can watch it here:
http://vidto.me/dub5xna6hp8r

Quoted for truth.
grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links