Chen style Taiji, Yang WenJing (very wriggly).

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Chen style Taiji, Yang WenJing (very wriggly).

Postby Overlord on Wed May 30, 2018 8:13 pm

Windy,
You miss my points entirety.
Overlord

Postby windwalker on Wed May 30, 2018 8:23 pm

Overlord wrote:Windy,
You miss my points entirety.

maybe... :P

I dont equate the fajin that some talk about here as the same as whats demoed
by Tyson and Dempsey if that was the point :-\

IME of those I've met who claim to use it, its to slow....reflecting what I often see in the demos
of those talking about it...
Others may have different thoughts on it....
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Overlord on Wed May 30, 2018 8:51 pm

There is no maybe.
I see something resonate with my understanding, so I post a clip with my own reflection.
And what you post is not congruent to this understanding~
Cheers
Overlord

Postby windwalker on Wed May 30, 2018 9:04 pm

Overlord wrote:There is no maybe.
I see something resonate with my understanding, so I post a clip with my own reflection.
And what you post is not congruent to this understanding~
Cheers

And if the point of your understanding is to say others don't understand it go for it.

I thought this was a discussion board.

;)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Overlord on Wed May 30, 2018 9:51 pm

Oops sorry.

The small tilt of pelvis also a tilt of lumbar spine.
It sort of remind my a Fajing called Zongjing 宗勁 in crane style.
But Tyson done it so much better.

Cheers!
Overlord

Postby wayne hansen on Wed May 30, 2018 11:33 pm

If an arm Break/bar isn't working change it that's the tai chi way
No offence Willie but I won't respond to any point you put because there is no point to it
Anything I say here is to the general discussion
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Tiga Pukul on Thu May 31, 2018 12:51 am

There is one thing as an 'outsider' i don't understand about CIMA in these discussions. I truly believe you can generate a tremendous amount of power with correct body alignment, intent, breathing etc. What I don't understand is that there seems to be an idea by some that there is no way to properly control this power. Like when driving a car and you can just 'push the pedal to the metal' or just drive extremely slow. If you are an advanced practitioner shouldn't you be able to show 5% force, or 10%, or 25% or 80%?

If you have 'the goods' in forms, it should also translate to application or else, martially, the skills are next to useless. Perfect forms is relatively easy, because you only have to deal with yourself, and not with an opponent who also knows a bit what to do. Saying that someone will 'break an arm' if you actually applied a technique with IMA, just means one thing.....that the practitioner is not so advanced.

I don't care if what I do is internal or not, but my teacher uses full body power in his movement, and i can feel the energy go 'into my body' in varying degrees. he never hits me in a way that i'm pushed away but I sink on the spot with the lightest touch. Sure sometimes he made an error in judgement in the past and gave a bit too much, but usually he has a perfect sense how much an opponent can handle and what his 'limits' are. To me that is also a skill that has to be developed to properly transfer this type of deeper knowledge.
Tiga Pukul
Huajing

Postby wayne hansen on Thu May 31, 2018 1:06 am

It's the same tiga
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby willie on Thu May 31, 2018 10:24 am

The lack of knowledge of the board members is really starting to show now. Almost none of these replies have anything to do with the original post. It's just lower level individuals trying to evaluate a level that they cannot comprehend and have not achieved for themselves
willie

Postby Appledog on Thu May 31, 2018 10:49 am

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Giles on Thu May 31, 2018 2:53 pm

I would agree with you too, Tiga. I've felt quite a lot of very good people from various styles, both 'internal' and 'external', who when demonstrating their gong fu let me feel how a technique went deep into my core. Either as an isolated technique or out of free play. Energy going into a joint, into my torso, bones, organs. I could feel clearly how the technique without the brakes on would do me very serious damage. In fact some of these people had a history of doing serious damage to others in real fights (not sporting events). Sometimes the contact actually made me feel a little nauseous - not because I was struck in the gut or anything but because I could feel how deep the damaging energy could be in me. And yet not one of these people ever actually injured me or even caused me serious pain. All the (fairly minor) training injuries I ever had were from less skilled people.

@ Willy: If you've realized you're such a big bad shark swimming in the kindergarten goldfish pond of RSF, maybe it would be more satisfying for you to move on to other waters. You might even find some worthy peers out there. ;)
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby charles on Thu May 31, 2018 3:07 pm

Appledog wrote: In fact I have never seen a video (or anyone doing this ever). So thats why I believe this video is unique.

Chen Yu lineage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZKVOKjDgj8

Some videos of Marin Spivack show similar motions: http://molingtaiji.com
charles
Wuji

Postby willie on Thu May 31, 2018 3:40 pm

Giles wrote:
@ Willy: If you've realized you're such a big bad shark swimming in the kindergarten goldfish pond of RSF, maybe it would be more satisfying for you to move on to other waters. You might even find some worthy peers out there. ;)

Do I know you? This is what happens when somebody actually has some good information amongst people who have delusion themselves with bad information and I would expect because of your post that that also includes you perhaps you might want to come down here and prove me wrong but I seriously don't think that you have it in you
willie

Postby windwalker on Thu May 31, 2018 3:44 pm

Appledog wrote:
willie wrote:The lack of knowledge of the board members is really starting to show now. Almost none of these replies have anything to do with the original post. It's just lower level individuals trying to evaluate a level that they cannot comprehend and have not achieved for themselves

I wonder why that is.

I believe it's called a difference of opinion based on diffrent experience. Are you in agreement that those of different opinions have not or do not understand what they're looking at.

Can you post a clip of this type of movement in use
windwalker
Wuji

Postby willie on Thu May 31, 2018 4:06 pm

windwalker wrote:
Appledog wrote:
willie wrote:The lack of knowledge of the board members is really starting to show now. Almost none of these replies have anything to do with the original post. It's just lower level individuals trying to evaluate a level that they cannot comprehend and have not achieved for themselves

I wonder why that is.

I believe it's called a difference of opinion based on diffrent experience. Are you in agreement that those of different opinions have not or do not understand what they're looking at.

Can you post a clip of this type of movement in use
I want you to look back at this thread and look at all the posts which are supposedly related to the Chen player in that video. Let's see we have Marvin who starts talking s*** about MMA, Thai, boxing. As if there was any comparison at all between the styles. Then we have you, yes little old uneducated you. A person who's never seen anyone who can use it, talking s***. Don't forget Mike Tyson in the thread to LOL! I'm sorry man but I don't think that I'm going to accept the blame for this thread going downhill. The video was amazing the skill in the videos amazing we are all fortunate to be able to see it. Can you say amazing?
willie

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links