Chen style Taiji, Yang WenJing (very wriggly).

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Chen style Taiji, Yang WenJing (very wriggly).

Postby Trick on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:00 am

Damn, was it my little innocent joke in the first page that lead to all this?
Trick
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:08 am

I have found that people who are afraid to charge the correct amount of money usually have some sort of underlying issue, perhaps a confidence problem or are suffering from low self-esteem, a man should know what he is worth.

A teacher who knows what his art is worth should, IMO, make sure that his students has built the proper foundation before teaching advanced techniques and methods. He would understand that teaching anyone else would be useless and the person who pays for fast learning would not gain the skills he wanted. Taking money for a few classes is ok at a rudimentary level, but many could teach how to build a good foundation. No big money is necessary. Taking big money from people who hasn’t already built a strong foundation by many years of studying is dishonest and disgraceful. It hurts the arts and the whole CMA community. ...IMHO ;)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:12 am

Trick wrote:Damn, was it my little innocent joke in the first page that lead to all this?

Yup! :D
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:18 am

Bao wrote:
Trick wrote:Damn, was it my little innocent joke in the first page that lead to all this?

Yup! :D

The frail fllap of a butterfly's wings.................float like a butterfly, sting like a bee 8-)
Trick
Wuji

Postby I-mon on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:24 am

Let's watch it again! Really great stuff:

I-mon
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:37 am

I-mon wrote:Let's watch it again! Really great stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2JNZmhsokA

Do you feel he can move the same way
at speed.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby charles on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:04 am

More recent:

charles
Wuji

Postby willie on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:03 am

Nope...
It's the status quo
willie

Postby willie on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Saved in the annals for posterity.

I have the ability to humble myself to superiors, others don't. I appreciate being corrected, others hate it and despise the people who try to help them.

Why thank you Ian...of-coarse you don't really mean it. LOL!
willie

Postby willie on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:14 am

Bao wrote:
I have found that people who are afraid to charge the correct amount of money usually have some sort of underlying issue, perhaps a confidence problem or are suffering from low self-esteem, a man should know what he is worth.

A teacher who knows what his art is worth should, IMO, make sure that his students has built the proper foundation before teaching advanced techniques and methods. He would understand that teaching anyone else would be useless and the person who pays for fast learning would not gain the skills he wanted. Taking money for a few classes is ok at a rudimentary level, but many could teach how to build a good foundation. No big money is necessary. Taking big money from people who hasn’t already built a strong foundation by many years of studying is dishonest and disgraceful. It hurts the arts and the whole CMA community. ...IMHO ;)

Interesting.
Hmmm, perhaps the doctor won't charge you because you messed up on your deit??? LOL!
willie

Postby Bao on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:16 am

willie wrote:Interesting.
Hmmm, perhaps the doctor won't charge you because you messed up on your deit??? LOL!

That was a bisarre comment...

.... Thank you, I guess? ??? :P

;D
Bao
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 am

windwalker wrote:

at speed.

Windwalker every one hear knows the underlying reasons why you say the things that you say and the way that they are said.
Imagine if i listened to you instead of my teacher. I still would be thinking that fajin don't work. I find it very disturbing that you
are trying to convince everyone that empty force works and real power don't.

You should stop being so negative about an art that you know nothing about.
willie

Postby willie on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:25 am

Bao wrote:
willie wrote:Interesting.

That was a bisarre comment...

.... Thank you, I guess? ??? :P

;D

The doctor is going to take your money even if you are stupid enough to have acquired a fugazi.
So much for learning the free stuff...Look at the other guy Maartin. He attacked Mo Ling as fake, His stuff is so real
that he doesn't even have the ability to recognize the real stuff, what a piece of work! LOL!
Last edited by willie on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
willie

Postby Bao on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:00 am

willie wrote:The doctor is going to take your money even if you are stupid enough to have acquired a fugazi.
So much for learning the free stuff...Look at the other guy Maartin. He attacked Mo Ling as fake, His stuff is so real
that he doesn't even have the ability to recognize the real stuff, what a piece of work! LOL!

I don’t care if someone pay or not, but everyone in TCMA need time to build a good foundation. A strong foundation is the first secret to skill structure n TCMA.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:53 pm

willie wrote:
windwalker wrote:

at speed.

Windwalker every one hear knows the underlying reasons why you say the things that you say and the way that they are said.
Imagine if i listened to you instead of my teacher. I still would be thinking that fajin don't work. I find it very disturbing that you
are trying to convince everyone that empty force works and real power don't.

You should stop being so negative about an art that you know nothing about.

Its a simple question can he move the same way quickly..I would ask the same question of any taiji stylist regardless of style, in person I often do.
More often then not regardless of style most can not..I find that interesting confirming what I feel about different movement patterns.

I don't think he can, others might, which is the point of asking a question.

As to whats called kong jin, its not about convincing any one of anything....no one can do that by words....the most one can do is offer their experience along with an explanation of why or how something could or would work. They demos of it in use, are demos....which by their nature are set up to optimize what ever is being demoed so that it can be understood or shown...Just as what is being called fa jin is in demos.

Fa=jin is not unique to taiji or chen style, all CMA express it.
How its done and produced may be different according to style ie method.

People have different experiences. I could offer my experiences of people who moved like in the clip demoed didn't work when they tired to use it on me and others I know. Dosn't mean it can't or won't work, only it didn't work for them at that time. Why might be the method, level or experience... There are other CMA styles that move in a similar way which to my mind have the the same issues....for "me" it dosn't matter much as I dont practice
or use that type of movement pattern.

others might find different..

Its a discussion board for discussion different viewpoints . I asked a simple question

Can he move like that quickly, to someone who felt his movement was pretty good.
Seeking to understand "their" view point not prove mine, regardless of my own and experiences

negativity or positivity does not enter into the question.....
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links