Silat Power Strikes: Silat Suffian Bela Diri — Maul Mornie

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Silat Power Strikes: Silat Suffian Bela Diri — Maul Mornie

Postby marvin8 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Maul565
Published on Aug 5, 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewgxb9TWxvc
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Silat Power Strikes: Silat Suffian Bela Diri — Maul Mornie

Postby C.J.W. on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:49 pm

What I find interesting is how similar his body mechanics are to some of the Hakka/southern Chinese arts.

The left and right turning movements in which the hips are in line with and connected to the shoulders to generate power are pretty much the same as those taught in the arts mentioned above.

In this clip, he further shows how this type of connection can be trained by keeping knives under the armpits while doing applications, hence the importance of sinking and keeping the elbows down.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/OoC4yDpaqIo[/youtube]
Last edited by C.J.W. on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:26 am

Though I have been in taijiquan for donkey years (a good while ;D ), that degree of explanation and demonstration only exists for a certain few, sadly.
it beez like dat! Just acknowledging a reality that few refuse to even consider. It's all good....
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Tiga Pukul on Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:23 am

Not bad this clip! Although i'm not always fan of his clips, i do like this one! Very similar to what we do in our Silat
Tiga Pukul
Huajing

Return to Video Links