Taichi chuan: form and application

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Taichi chuan: form and application

Postby Bosque de Fresnos on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:56 pm

cloudz wrote:An example of it on youtube would be nice - if it's out there.

When I have a little time, I will record a video to show the movement.
A little skepticism is good; stimulates the progress of science and the arts.
Regards
Bosque de Fresnos
Mingjing

Postby cloudz on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:17 am

Cool.

As I recall you do Wang Shu jin's styles/ system don't you.
that might explain it, there are various possibilities around that.

It's not uncommon at all for there to be Chinese wrestling taught in amongst the CIMA.
Some are a fair fit to various movements or what have you. As well there is some shuai to be found in there anyway.

There a few example in Wu style Tai chi for instance as it was said that as being Manchu there was a military tradition in the family to practice chinese wrestling.
But it's clear that some of the techniques simply don't come from the orthodox TCC forms.
Last edited by cloudz on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Bosque de Fresnos on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Bosque de Fresnos wrote:When I have a little time, I will record a video to show the movement.
Regards

Cloudz, this is the promised video.

Last edited by Bosque de Fresnos on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bosque de Fresnos
Mingjing

Postby marvin8 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Apparently, a similar knee tap movement is in the chen taiji form.

Christine Bhe
Published on Mar 2, 2018

Master Chen Bing demonstrates Chen Taiji applications at Ling's Oriental Martial Arts in Noblesville, Indiana. https://lingtaiji.com/:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8T2QeyltM4
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Bosque de Fresnos on Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:03 pm

marvin8 wrote:Master Chen Bing demonstrates Chen Taiji applications

The application is the same. But at the end, when master Chen shows the movement of the form, he shows something that seems "diagonal flying".
Last edited by Bosque de Fresnos on Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bosque de Fresnos
Mingjing

Postby Subitai on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:47 pm

These are some good examples of this method... Thank you to the Original OP for starting this.

The 1st time I really felt this done on me good was at a Shuai jiao school in San Jose. I hadn't really been doing it before that from within our version of Yang and for sure it's not in Sun Style. I went back later on and explored it and realized where it would be in our Yang.

The thing is, why doesn't anybody talk about potential weakness or opening upon setting this up or how to counter? Everybody likes to show how it looks like but not any tips watch out for to help see it coming.

Come on now, everybody has to see it's a clinch with an "over / under" hooks. If your over hook is properly controlling the arm, he cannot do this to you effectively. Or as soon as his arm snakes under...you have to have to skill to follow it and know whats happening.

In other words, basics: If you have hand control...you know where he is. If you don't, well then there is the potential for something to happen.

One counter is, when he reaches under, you have to keep the pressure forward and into his center before he turns you. You feel him reaching under and you drop your weight with him..... Get him to lighten the weight on his front leg so you can pick it up.

If you're not worried about Fixed step bull carp (i.e. you can freely move your feet)...there are other ways to counter easier.
Subitai
Huajing

Postby cloudz on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:59 am

Bosque de Fresnos wrote:
Bosque de Fresnos wrote:When I have a little time, I will record a video to show the movement.
Regards

Cloudz, this is the promised video.

Thanks for this, really appreciate it
Bit of a slightly different version of the CPL I've been doing - going by that part, but on reflection that's to be expected really.
I can see the movement you mean, and see where you are coming from with it.

good stuff
thanks again
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links