Xu is back

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Xu is back

Postby GrahamB on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:30 am

While having drinks with Tibor Kalman one night, he told me, “When you make something no one hates, no one fucking loves it.” Bollocks to Brexit.
http://www.hereticspodcast.com http://taichinotebook.wordpress.com
User avatar
GrahamB
Great Old One
 
Posts: 11892
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: Xu is back

Postby Greg J on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Wow, that was painful to watch. Both the pummeling and the arrogance. Two things were very clear - his opponent seemed to have very little power behind his punches, and his cardio/ endurance was terrible.

I also can't believe Xu's opponent was sent back into the ring basically blindfolded. At that point he was just a walking piñata.

Best,
Greg
Greg J
Huajing
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Re: Xu is back

Postby Overlord on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 pm

The traditional martial arts may not be perfect but generally I do see Muaythai fighter have more respect and courtesy to Muay Boran and Muay Chaiya masters. Of course CMS lost a loads of stuff after Manchuria Empire and cultural revolution.
But he is not really helping like this.
I do hope his opponent gets paid for just standing in the ring.
-saber-


肘不離肋,手不離心
User avatar
Overlord
Wuji
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:03 am

Re: Xu is back

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:42 pm

The guy in the green couldn't even fake interest
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji
 
Posts: 3597
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: Xu is back

Postby oragami_itto on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Greg J wrote:I also can't believe Xu's opponent was sent back into the ring basically blindfolded. At that point he was just a walking piñata.



Man this Bird Box challenge shit is getting out of hand.
Image
Last edited by oragami_itto on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"My own knowledge is shallow and I await corrections from the intelligent."
-Hermit of Jade Well
User avatar
oragami_itto
Wuji
 
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:11 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Xu is back

Postby oragami_itto on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Overlord wrote:The traditional martial arts may not be perfect but generally I do see Muaythai fighter have more respect and courtesy to Muay Boran and Muay Chaiya masters. Of course CMS lost a loads of stuff after Manchuria Empire and cultural revolution.
But he is not really helping like this.
I do hope his opponent gets paid for just standing in the ring.



Did you say Muay Thai?

"My own knowledge is shallow and I await corrections from the intelligent."
-Hermit of Jade Well
User avatar
oragami_itto
Wuji
 
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:11 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Xu is back

Postby nicklinjm on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:55 pm

This was a complete farce from the outset, the only martial art there are records of his opponent (Tian Ye) studying is *gasp* western boxing. Although the event host organised an 'intensive training' trip to Shaolin to study with Shi Yanzi, this was basically a big staged photo op, the guy has little if anything to do with CMA.

Headline should be "Xu defeats aging, out of shape boxer".
nicklinjm
Wuji
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:22 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Xu is back

Postby C.J.W. on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:37 am

The Taiwanese news article I read says his opponent is a 56-year-old guy who claims to specialize in Long Fist, southern styles, and some bogus kicking and elbow techniques no one's heard of.

Enough said......
Last edited by C.J.W. on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.W.
Wuji
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 5:02 am

Re: Xu is back

Postby GrahamB on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:45 am

oragami_itto wrote:
Greg J wrote:I also can't believe Xu's opponent was sent back into the ring basically blindfolded. At that point he was just a walking piñata.



Man this Bird Box challenge shit is getting out of hand.
Image


Best comment yet! :D
While having drinks with Tibor Kalman one night, he told me, “When you make something no one hates, no one fucking loves it.” Bollocks to Brexit.
http://www.hereticspodcast.com http://taichinotebook.wordpress.com
User avatar
GrahamB
Great Old One
 
Posts: 11892
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: Xu is back

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:46 am

I thought Xu was the blindfolded guy
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji
 
Posts: 3597
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: Xu is back

Postby oragami_itto on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:16 am

GrahamB wrote:Best comment yet! :D

It is my pleasure to serve. :P

wayne hansen wrote:I thought Xu was the blindfolded guy


Naw he's the one going around challenging TCMA "masters" to fights and then embarassing them.

But as the other video shows Muay Thai guys give him a bit of a hard time.
"My own knowledge is shallow and I await corrections from the intelligent."
-Hermit of Jade Well
User avatar
oragami_itto
Wuji
 
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:11 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Xu is back

Postby marvin8 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:08 am

oragami_itto wrote:
wayne hansen wrote:I thought Xu was the blindfolded guy


Naw he's the one going around challenging TCMA "masters" to fights and then embarassing them.

But as the other video shows Muay Thai guys give him a bit of a hard time.

. . . which makes the TCMA "masters" look even worse. Because, Xu is an average skilled MMA fighter.

These TCMA "masters" embarrass themselves.

Fight Commentary Breakdowns
Published on Jan 13, 2019

Fight Commentary Breakdowns wrote:Tian Ye, our Kung Fu Master finally fought Xu Xiaodong, our Chinese MMA Mad Dog. Let's see how this Kung Fu "Master" did in his fight against the outspoken Chinese MMA fighter (搏击狂人). This fight was under kickboxing rules, in our observation. There was no ground fighting. Let's see which fighter was the better striker. 田野 is sometimes known as the 青岛里合腿, meaning the "inside kick master of Qingdao." Let's see if he uses any kicks during the match. Jerry and Rob bring you running commentary on this fight that took place in China in January. The rules were (according to online sources), if the "Master" won, he got 30 million from a Chinese rich person, and if he lost, he would still get 3 million. Looks like some millionaire in China just really wants to see Xu Xiaodong get into fights. Talk to you guys in the comments. For those of you who want to search in Chinese, Xu Xiaodong is 徐晓东. Tian Ye is 田野. Would you take this fight for that much money? Pull a Mayweather, so to speak:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x4VTjbZtKc


Xu is not arguing the ability of other combat sports fighters.
User avatar
marvin8
Wuji
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: Xu is back

Postby Fa Xing on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:48 pm

oragami_itto wrote:
GrahamB wrote:Best comment yet! :D

It is my pleasure to serve. :P

wayne hansen wrote:I thought Xu was the blindfolded guy


Naw he's the one going around challenging TCMA "masters" to fights and then embarassing them.

But as the other video shows Muay Thai guys give him a bit of a hard time.


These "masters" are CHALLENGING Xu, not the other way around. It's been 2 years since Wei Lei, why is this still not coming across well? Plus, if he calls these guys out at all, he's calling out charlatans not real TCMA practitioners, many of whom support Xu and his unintentioned endeavor to clean up martial arts in China.

One more thing, Xu was offered 5 million yuan to THROW this fight, obviously that didn't happen. These "traditional masters" are frauds who lack any morality or ethics (WuDe).
Dr. Troy Schott
Doctor of Chiropractic
Lead Instructor, Ground Dragon Martial Arts
https://grounddragonma.com/
User avatar
Fa Xing
Anjing
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:11 am

Re: Xu is back

Postby oragami_itto on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Fa Xing wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:
GrahamB wrote:Best comment yet! :D

It is my pleasure to serve. :P

wayne hansen wrote:I thought Xu was the blindfolded guy


Naw he's the one going around challenging TCMA "masters" to fights and then embarassing them.

But as the other video shows Muay Thai guys give him a bit of a hard time.


These "masters" are CHALLENGING Xu, not the other way around. It's been 2 years since Wei Lei, why is this still not coming across well? Plus, if he calls these guys out at all, he's calling out charlatans not real TCMA practitioners, many of whom support Xu and his unintentioned endeavor to clean up martial arts in China.

One more thing, Xu was offered 5 million yuan to THROW this fight, obviously that didn't happen. These "traditional masters" are frauds who lack any morality or ethics (WuDe).


Tomato, tomato.

I mean, I've got no skin in the game, he can crush as many tomato cans as he likes and it wouldn't affect me a bit. It's an amusing sideshow diversion with no wude too be found anywhere.
Last edited by oragami_itto on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My own knowledge is shallow and I await corrections from the intelligent."
-Hermit of Jade Well
User avatar
oragami_itto
Wuji
 
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:11 pm
Location: Austin, TX


Return to Video Links

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest