Disciple of Chen Zhonghua wins a Muay Thai Gold Belt

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Disciple of Chen Zhonghua wins a Muay Thai Gold Belt

Postby Bao on Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:46 am

Sun Yang, disciple of Chen Zhonghua, wins a Muay Thai Gold Belt in Thailand

Not much soft effortless Tai Chi, but interesting. I am not the person who usually says something good about fighters who has a Tai Chi background, or about “external” use. But I liked this for what it is. Sun Yang shows very good balance, stability and timing, he is solid and seems to have very good control of what is is doing. And I do think that this is a pretty good example of that some overall qualities and body mechanics developed in Tai Chi can be used in other non- tai chi specific scenarios.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OoYzhuYISJ0

Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Re: Disciple of Chen Zhonghua wins a Muay Thai Gold Belt

Postby robert on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:08 am

Sorry, I double posted. I'll see if I can delete my post. He does use Kao to get out of a couple clinches. At two seconds and again around six seconds. There's video of CZH teaching him this.

http://www.shiyongquanfa.cn/archives/77542
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby robert on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:42 am

He uses long power with the kaos, which is basically a push. It seems effective in the given circumstances, it even takes his opponent down in the first usage.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:11 pm

He used a couple of muay thai kicks and western boxing too :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby robert on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:55 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by muay thai kicks. I see a couple roundhouse kicks, but Chen taiji has roundhouse kicks in the form. They are also part of a kick set I do. In the form the canonical app for the reverse roundhouse is really a sweep/throw, but it is also a kick.
Last edited by robert on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robert
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:19 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by muay thai kicks. I see a couple roundhouse kicks, but Chen taiji has roundhouse kicks in the form.

You might not be sure. I'm saying that I doubt anyone would just look at him and say that he was doing something from a tcc form. But, if so, then his punches, knees and throws are all from tcc --and one doesn't need to look for examples.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trip on Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:37 pm

Is there a link to a video of the full fight?
Or, even a link to just more of the fight?

Thanks in advance.
Trip
Wuji

Postby robert on Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:37 pm

robert
Wuji

Postby robert on Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Steve James wrote:You might not be sure. I'm saying that I doubt anyone would just look at him and say that he was doing something from a tcc form. But, if so, then his punches, knees and throws are all from tcc --and one doesn't need to look for examples.

Well of course, the rules are muay thai. I don't know the guys back ground. He could be a muay thai fighter that is training with CZH and is just adding some taiji to his muay thai.
robert
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:02 pm

Well of course, the rules are muay thai.

My point was not to diminish his accomplishment, abilities, or training. I just wanted to say that it's unnecessary to look for tcc (forms or exercises) in competitions. Yes, it makes sense that the competitors in competitions adopt similar methods to accomplish specific goals.

Oh, btw, I don't think that it'd be a negative if the guy had studied muay thai previously, or even simultaneously. I think that'd be true for many people who go into competitions. Ime, they often find it beneficial to whatever (martial) sport in which they compete.

Anyway, I say good on him. Those were nice kicks. I wonder if he'll be invited to take Xu on. :)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:54 pm

I like it. While it may not fit everybody's idea of what Taiji fighting should look like, at least I can see that he is using Taiji.

It's a good example of how Taiji's free-step PH training can be useful in standup grappling situations in terms of off-balancing the opponent.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Clips are in order of the video. Not sure of the google translations and order of descriptions. Corrections welcomed.

Practicalmethod
Published on Feb 22, 2019

The main practical boxing action used.

relying on the sea bottom:

turning the waist and pressing the elbow:

Body Slam:

Turning Flowers Out of the Bottom of the Sea:

Lower the Waist to Press the Elbow:

By: It is the overall strength of practicing all the way and the cannon. Bottom of the sea floor: the rotation of the shoulder and chest (spiral winding). Pressing the elbow at the waist: turning with the waist (spiral winding):

marvin8
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:03 am

That's cool and all, but we all know that Chen style is just external Shaolin kick boxing and real internal soft Tai Chi was created by a Taoist hermit on Wudang mountain, right? ;D

-sarcasm-
Last edited by GrahamB on Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:01 am

robert wrote:
Steve James wrote:You might not be sure. I'm saying that I doubt anyone would just look at him and say that he was doing something from a tcc form. But, if so, then his punches, knees and throws are all from tcc --and one doesn't need to look for examples.

Well of course, the rules are muay thai. I don't know the guys back ground. He could be a muay thai fighter that is training with CZH and is just adding some taiji to his muay thai.

From "Why do fighting fighters worship Chen Zhonghua as a teacher? Sun Yang," http://www.shiyongquanfa.cn/archives/76028:

Published on August 24, 2018 wrote:Image

My name is Sun Yang, I was born in the seaside city of Rizhao. I am a fighting boxer. I have practiced Sanda and Muay Thai. I am also the first player in Mizhao City to fight MMA. I once fought the "Wulin Wind" platform and also in the octagonal I played MMA in the cage and defeated the Thai boxer in Thailand with the rules of Muay Thai. But in the days when many people think that Tai Chi can't be practical, why do I worship the practical boxing under the teacher Chen Zhonghua ?

The reason is very simple, because when it comes to actual combat, I can't fight Teacher Chen Zhonghua! ! !
A few years ago my first time up the hill and Chen Xu brothers promoter , when Chen Xu brothers effort has not been so good, but I was feeling like my strength is already stuck in the cotton inside, like a moment together in one fixed On the iron plate, the wrestling

method in my Jiu- Jitsu system did not work, and the brothers fell two heads.

Friends say what are you pushing hands, not sparring, you have to Sanshou Pushing Hands should exchange to verify, I understand my friend meant, in confrontational sports rules become more perfect today, every sport has its own unique rules, two different disparate martial movement almost impossible, the same can not be fair winner; however, once in really does not move Tai Chi Museum, Chen told me "do not loose not tight" when, My teacher and I met in a loose-handed manner. When Mr. Chen was in shape, I knew I lost!

I am a wrestling person who knows how to react in a real time when the sense of consciousness, reaction, defense, speed, and distance are combined. When the opponent moves and oppresses close, an experienced combat The player will make dodge, defensive and counterattack responses based on the opponent's offense in an instant, but I didn't even have it at the time. Under the entire offensive field of Teacher Chen, I couldn't do any subconscious counterattacks except for the retreating movement. I began to understand why. Why do people feel guilty when facing a strong opponent in the gas field? Children and older children will be timid when fighting, and I never

After this feeling, I felt it in front of Teacher Chen!

So, I immediately started the practice of practical boxing! And on August 12, 2018, I was honored to be accepted as a disciple by Teacher Chen Zhonghua ! In the future, when you are not honoured, you will practice hard! It is our mission to spread practical boxing! ! !

Sun Yang resume

Excerpt from "Sun Yang resume," http://www.shiyongquanfa.cn/archives/57499:

Published on October 5, 2017 wrote:Image
Sun Yang - Sunshine

1. Sun Yang , born in Rizhao, Shandong Province in 1985, has been a child since childhood. In 2001, he entered the Rizhao City Sanda Team to receive Sanda training.
2. In 2003, Shandong Yanggu won the 52kg champion of the "Jingyang Cup" Wushu Sanda Invitational Tournament
3. In 2004, Shandong Binzhou won the runner-up of the "Sports Lottery Cup" Shandong Wushu Sanda Championships.
4. Sanda teaching work due to injury and retirement in 2005
5. Muay Thai and MMA mixed fighting training in 2011
6. In March 2017, the champion of the Wulin Wind Rizhao Station Selection Competition, the 71KG champion of the Beijing MMA League in May, is currently teaching MMA in the Rizhao.
7. On August 12, 2018, Chen Zhonghua, the overseas head of the Chen Style Taijiquan Practical Boxing Method and thedirector of the Qingshan Taijiquan Culture Research Instituteof Rizhao Vocational College, studied practical practical boxing.
8. August 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand World Muay Thai Council gold belt Qualification Challenge champion

Hongxing Kong vs Yang Sun sanda bout joins GLORY 46 SuperFight Series
By Press Release Oct 11, 2017, 5:05pm EDT

GUANGZHOU, CHINA – This Saturday, Oct. 14, the world's premier kickboxing league makes its debut in mainland China with a historic event featuring the first global broadcast of a Professional Sanda bout. Originally scheduled as part of GLORY 46 China, this special attraction between Hongxing Kong and Yang Sun – to be contested at 60 kilograms under Professional Sanda rules – will now take place during the GLORY 46 SuperFight Series, completing a seven-fight card.

17:30 – 19:38

GLORY Kickboxing
Published on Oct 26, 2017

GLORY 46 Guangzhou: Rewind Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD954mDBLf4&t=17m30s
marvin8
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:35 am

Under the entire offensive field of Teacher Chen, I couldn't do any subconscious counterattacks except for the retreating movement. I began to understand why. Why do people feel guilty when facing a strong opponent in the gas field?

Would be interesting reading what others thought he was talking about and meant.
windwalker
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links