TriEssence: Correct & Incorrect Combat Methods, Real Taiji

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

TriEssence: Correct & Incorrect Combat Methods, Real Taiji

Postby marvin8 on Thu May 02, 2019 1:56 pm

TriEssence Martial Arts on Mar 3, 2019 wrote:I have often been asked regarding how exactly Chinese martial arts suppose to approach combat, which application vids are legit, which are fake / ineffective, which master or sparring vids demonstrate proper method of combat, which are day dreaming, which styles are outdated and which are still relevant etc.

Instead of answering each question, I decided to make 2 part videos roughly explaining which approach or method of combat work or don work and why.

Keep in mind this is not a sparring vid, hence I'm not going full out on my friend here, either do I have the time to rehearse all the bad examples I'm showing from various styles and approaches, so these demos of incorrect methods are not going to look as good or fluent as people from said styles doing it in a demo, the purpose is merely to explain the failed logic behind each approach.

As for the correct approaches, again I don practice every style I included, some of them are shown purely so that you can get a better picture over all, I only have trained in Yiquan, Taichi and Wuxing Tongbei.

And lastly this is not a vid about this vs that, nor is this vid about bashing other styles, its merely a logical analysis on determining which method of combat works or don't work and why.

As always constructive comments are welcome and feel free to contact me for class details in Gauteng South Africa.

Email : [email protected]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-J09kUveu8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uii2QaqSedw

TriEssence Martial Arts on Feb 7, 2019 wrote:I have been doing Taichi for quite some years but never made a video on it because I don think my Taichi is worth mentioning. I was lucky to have my Taichi brother and close friend, Jin Li visiting me in South Africa, and I wouldn't let this perfect chance slip by without making a video of him showing some Taichi stuff.

Keep in mind this video is intended to show case the quality of internal connection in Taichi, and how it affect another person with force in various situations, as well as explaining how that is connected to combat, this is not a video on how to fight with Taichi. My Taichi brother although very well trained in the internal connection, has not started his combat training, which is why when I was showing punches, I did not punch him for real, but that doesn't mean the force I'm applying isn't full out, so should one day he got the hang of applying the quality against a person going full out with strikes, the results should be similar.

As always constructive comments are welcome and feel free to contact me for class details in Gauteng South Africa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smGXRzan2-Y
Last edited by marvin8 on Fri May 03, 2019 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Re: TriEssence: Correct & Incorrect Combat Methods, Real Taiji

Postby Bao on Fri May 03, 2019 2:37 am

I am not sure about exactly what he wants to teach. Seems to be a lot of ”here is why this style does it wrong.” Haven’t watched every minute of every video, but so far I am not sure if he ever says something about what actually works and why. From where was it taken? From the RSF?
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Fri May 03, 2019 5:25 am

Bao wrote:I am not sure about exactly what he wants to teach. Seems to be a lot of ”here is why this style does it wrong.” Haven’t watched every minute of every video, but so far I am not sure if he ever says something about what actually works and why. From where was it taken? From the RSF?

It's taken from his youtube channel. It has never been posted on RSF. I haven't watched every minute either. I'll watch more and comment on it a little later.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Bao on Fri May 03, 2019 5:28 am

Ok. "TriEssence Martial Arts on Mar 3, 2019 wrote:" looked like it was from a forum. Guess I should have checked the YouTube page first. :)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Return to Video Links