Is there any video anywhere of the Yang 59 posture Long Fist

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Is there any video anywhere of the Yang 59 posture Long Fist

Postby Trick on Sat May 18, 2019 9:55 pm

salcanzonieri wrote:The whole 3rd page has nothing to do with the original post.

i think most nowadays understand that the "holy grail" of taijiquan is not to be found in sets of puzzled together postures, maybe 20 years ago such a quest was believed to be the right quest and had many followers
Trick

Postby GrahamB on Sun May 19, 2019 1:19 am

charles wrote:Graham,

Clearly you have no intention of having a rational discussion on the subject. I'll save us all what usually follows in such interactions and end my contribution here.

There's no need to take your ball and go home Charles. I'm just saying the same thing as Robert. You can answer him if you don't like me. I'll stay out of it.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sun May 19, 2019 6:22 am

Trick wrote:
salcanzonieri wrote:The whole 3rd page has nothing to do with the original post.

i think most nowadays understand that the "holy grail" of taijiquan is not to be found in sets of puzzled together postures, maybe 20 years ago such a quest was believed to be the right quest and had many followers

Yup one certainly hopes so.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Daniel-san on Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:25 pm

From Chen WeiMing lineage . According to Chen Weiming book, he mentioned he learnt the original Taichi ChangQuan from GM Yang Chengfu . After that, he modified the forn by put in some more movements into the form .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDycNChtVGk

Daniel-san
Anjing

Postby Giles on Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:33 am

Hah, this form will be great for doing in my living room during times of lockdown...!

Okay, seriously then: it's got lots of follow stepping added, some extra changes of direction and some deep stances, and it's up-tempo. I do variations similar to these in my own form (+/- Yang style) when the mood takes me outside in the park, as do probably many others here, but otherwise...? It's a nice workout but his body structure is all over the place; basically it looks pretty sloppy on several levels. :-\
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:46 pm

I agree I don't like this guys Shen fa
It is similar to a form in our school called the 300 step
This one has some moves ours doesn't
Our form follows the order of the 108 with only a couple of moves that differ
It is all about the follow step
I would love to see someone better doing this form
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen