Contextualizing the Martial body

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Contextualizing the Martial body

Postby middleway on Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:53 pm

Interesting video. Good to see you maintaining your balance while sparring. What interested me was that there was very little breaking of structure at the waist. However it is comparitively easier to keep your structure/balance when defending than when attacking. So yes I'm looking forward to part 2 and 3 of your video where you go for free sparring.

Yes I absolutely agree. This is the first step as I mention in the video. I actually dislike doing what is shown here for any length of time in sparing but it is necessary as a lead on from the previous technical video.

One important point here is largely related to my output and effort. I am not even breathing heavy at the end of these sessions with much much larger stronger partners. They are all pretty knackered. Of course the output increases as attacks begin, but still it puts me on a better footing than more traditional strength based defensive tactics.

Thanks
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links