Yi Long: Ramsey Dewey Podcast #19 一龙

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Yi Long: Ramsey Dewey Podcast #19 一龙

Postby marvin8 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:04 pm

Ramsey Dewey
Dec 19, 2019

This last week I had a chance to sit down with Yi Long 一龙 at the Animal MMA gym in Shanghai, China thanks to Kyle Rozewski for setting this up and thanks to Kevin Yu for being the interpreter. Apologies for the background noise- This interview was set up on short notice, as Yi Long was at the gym scouting out fighters for an upcoming kickboxing and MMA event he’s promoting.

Yi Long is a famous Chinese martial artist, kickboxer, kungfu practitioner, actor, and fight promoter. He’s most well known for his Shaolin style kungfu, but Yi Long is also a Wing Chun expert, being the 2008 champion of the Guandong Foshan International Yong Chun (Wing Chun) Boxing Competition.

With an extensive professional kickboxing career behind him, Yi Long holds 5 world title belts- having competed in K1, WLF, Kunlun Fight, and many other top kickboxing promotions. Yi Long has fought a who’s who list of some of the world’s greatest kickboxers and Muay Thai fighters.

He has appeared in movies such as Captain America: Civil War, Tattoo, Chinese Peacekeeping Forces, the TV series Invincible Tie Qiao San, and has an inner of upcoming film projects in the works that we discussed.

In this interview, we talked about The role of traditional Chinese martial arts in modern combat sports, Yi Long’s famous rivalry with Buakaw Banchamek and the possibility of a third fight, and what it's like acting in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and how Yi Long totally needs a part in Marvel’s upcoming “Shang Chi, Master of Kungfu”)

Yi Long addresses the internet rumor of an alleged fight with the notorious Xu Xiaodong. He reveals what it was like fighting the giant Hong Man Choi. We find out how Yi Long really feels about Dana White. And Yi Long offers advice to young fighters looking for a long and prosperous career in combat sports, and what to do after retirement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sd82aK0x58
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Yi Long: Ramsey Dewey Podcast #19 一龙

Postby cloudz on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:53 pm

you didn't post the vid about his meeting with the mysterious old taiji man,
so disappointing marvin8!

it was the best story on the internets all year long
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:34 pm

It is pretty well-known among TCMAists in China that I-Long is just a Sanda guy-turned-Shaolin monk and part of a propaganda to promote Shaolin Temple by having a tough "warrior monk" who can actually get into the ring and fight.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:54 am

cloudz wrote:you didn't post the vid about his meeting with the mysterious old taiji man,
so disappointing marvin8!

it was the best story on the internets all year long

I don't recall the one you're talking about. But, I did post the video of a mysterious old taiji man that I believe he met "Another Ramsey Dewey video:"

marvin8 wrote:It is nice Ramsey gives respect to tai chi. However, my guess: he is embellishing for whatever reason (e.g., promotion, marketing, etc.). ...

Loto Blanco
Published on Jun 25, 2017

Master Yu Dao Shui was student of Sun Jian Yun 孙剑云 daughter of Grand Master of Tai Ji, Xing Yi and Ba Gua Sun Lu Tang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhsw3cDZaPs[/youtube]
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:25 pm

If the above video is what Mr. Dewey considers "mysterious", then I would respectfully suggest that he needs to get out, more...
Bhassler
Great Old One

Return to Video Links