McGregor vs Cowboy

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

McGregor vs Cowboy

Postby GrahamB on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GA02l8L81s

Who you got? I'm team Cowboy for this, due to general douchbaggery behaviour by Conor. Go Cowboy!
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: McGregor vs Cowboy

Postby marvin8 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:53 am

GrahamB wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GA02l8L81s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GA02l8L81s

Who you got? I'm team Cowboy for this, due to general douchbaggery behaviour by Conor. Go Cowboy!

I wouldn't mind seeing Cowboy submit Conor. But, odds are Conor will recognize the opportunity (part of game plan), time and knockout Cowboy.

At 5:17,
John Kavanagh, Conor's coach wrote:Our systems is going to be heavy consistent pressure from the bell. We will not give Donald a breath. We will not let him in the fight at any stage. And then, let the scoreboard take care of itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhCGywEVtbA&t=5m17s
marvin8
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:20 am

Ahem! I see my luck is as good as ever 8-) ;D

You've got to hand it to Conor - that was impressive, and innovative.

Let me be the first to predict a chorus of, “He used Tai Chi to counter grappling !” In 5...4...3....
Last edited by GrahamB on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:20 am

GrahamB wrote:Ahem! I see my luck is as good as ever 8-) ;D

You've got to hand it to Conor - that was impressive, and innovative.

Let me be the first to predict a chorus of, “He used Tai Chi to counter grappling !” In 5...4...3....

Yes, fun to see shoulder strikes. No, he used MMA which has some similar moves, principles, skills (loosely), etc. Go third (don't move first): feint, opponent reacts, then finish.

Yin (left hand draws Cerrone's duck to Conor's left), ting (Cerrone’s forward pressure) hua (yield to forward pressure, then change directions), na (overhook/bicep control) and fa (knee to head, then shoulder strikes):

Create the full attack the empty. Yin/ting (Conor's forward pressure and right hand draws Cerrone’s movement to Conor's left, lean, back, left hand parry and drop of hands), hua/na/fa (as Cerrone defends low Conor head kicks high). Then, yin/ting (flying knee to draw cover up defense), na (head control) and fa (left hand, uppercut, etc.):

TheWeasle
Jan 19, 2020

Here I will break down and analyze fight fight and knockout in Conor McGregor vs Donald Cowboy Cerrone. What was Cowboy's mistake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzPBGPmU9Vc
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:31 pm

Conor McGregor wrote:You know, I'd never hit someone with my shoulder before that in my entire life. The only thing I can attribute it to is that I've been doing a lot of Tai Chi, lately. It was just, with all the things that had been happening, you know, with the bus incident, and then losing some fights, and the rape allegations, and all the people saying my retirement was fake and cowardly, I just felt like, it was a lot, you know. And then I was on the internet and I saw where some random person I had never heard of said I was a complete and utter asshole, and I saw that, and I was like "you know, billyrUlez238 is right. I am a bit of an ass." And so I reckoned, you know, the only way I knew of to be less of an asshole was to do some Tai Chi and try to calm the fuck down. So I just did a lot of that, and those shoulder strikes just happened. I can honestly say that if I hadn't been training Tai Chi, I would have lost that fight, and maybe ended my career. Tai Chi is the best MMA, ever.
Last edited by Bhassler on Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Bhassler wrote:
Conor McGregor wrote:You know, I'd never hit someone with my shoulder before that in my entire life. The only thing I can attribute it to is that I've been doing a lot of Tai Chi, lately. It was just, with all the things that had been happening, you know, with the bus incident, and then losing some fights, and the rape allegations, and all the people saying my retirement was fake and cowardly, I just felt like, it was a lot, you know. And then I was on the internet and I saw where some random person I had never heard of said I was a complete and utter asshole, and I saw that, and I was like "you know, billyrUlez238 is right. I am a bit of an ass." And so I reckoned, you know, the only way I knew of to be less of an asshole was to do some Tai Chi and try to calm the fuck down. So I just did a lot of that, and those shoulder strikes just happened. I can honestly say that if I hadn't been training Tai Chi, I would have lost that fight, and maybe ended my career. Tai Chi is the best MMA, ever.

What is the source of Conor's quote? Otherwise, it looks like "fake news." He didn't say anything about tai chi when asked about the shoulder strikes in the post fight press conference, unless I missed it. Either way good one. :)
marvin8
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:41 pm

Bhassler wrote:

LOL, love it. Get him on here on RSF and billyrUlez238, too. :P
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:18 pm

Seems legit ;)
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:52 am

The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:04 am

Bhassler wrote:

Didn’t he use to (Taiji)push at his opponent at the pre fight on stage press conference(or what it’s called?). And now Taiji shoulder strikes comes flashing, next he will Taiji foot sweeping his opponent all over the octagon...
Trick

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:52 am

Does anyone know where he trained tai chi,how much what style
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby denchen on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:11 pm

wayne hansen wrote:Does anyone know where he trained tai chi,how much what style

https://twitter.com/manchesterbagua/sta ... 9776829440

https://thetaichinotebook.com/2016/02/2 ... nd-neijia/
denchen
Mingjing

Postby Bhassler on Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:16 pm

Ah, yes, the legendary* Ido Portal. Why does no one mention that after training with Ido, the previously undefeated McGregor went on to lose 2 of his next 5 fights (or 3 of 6, if you count Mayweather)?

*Legendary can mean "great", but also "mythical"-- either of which can be applied to his so-called method, depending on how you look at it. Whichever definition you choose, you can bet there will be a lot of talk involved...
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:21 am

Portal was helping him express his freedom to lose fights... or something...

The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:49 am

The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links