The Bizarre World of Fake Martial Arts

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: The Bizarre World of Fake Martial Arts

Postby Trick on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:12 am

this Xu guy not only insulted CXW but all who enjoy and benefit from the exercise of TJQ. TJQ as we know and Xu know is mostly practiced as an excercise for wellbeing, but yet so many here seemingly want it gone if it doesent produce UFC champions. Even if some "masters" boast in front his own crowd, it wont let any of you "UFC champions" to grow if challenge them, not even among the real Champs
Trick

Postby Bhassler on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:13 am

Trick wrote:
Bhassler wrote:Xu didn't start any of this-- he was challenged by a famous "taiji master" and when he answered the challenge it all blew up. Much like most opinions on the internet, the vast majority of what people are saying about the situation is based on personal bias and bad assumptions.

do you have a quote of that challenge ?

No, it was on a Chinese MMA forum, I believe. Byron Jacobs talks about it a couple of different times on various podcasts.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:14 am

Trick wrote:this Xu guy not only insulted CXW but all who enjoy and benefit from the exercise of TJQ.

Do you have a quote of that insult?
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:36 am

phil b wrote:It's about not breaking the rice bowl, no more difficult than that.

For Chinese it's not about breaking a rice bowl. It's about being unpatriotic, anti-Chinese and pro-western.

As I said, this can be hard to understand. ...Which you just showed. :P

I find it amazing that people on this board think that what he has endured is fair.

I haven't said that it was fair. I said that it is sad and unnecessary.
Last edited by Bao on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:19 am

Bao wrote:
phil b wrote:It's about not breaking the rice bowl, no more difficult than that.

For Chinese it's not about breaking a rice bowl. It's about being unpatriotic, anti-Chinese and pro-western.

As I said, this can be hard to understand. ...Which you just showed. :P

I find it amazing that people on this board think that what he has endured is fair.

I haven't said that it was fair. I said that it is sad and unnecessary.

Yep, maybe for some not so easy to understand.
While some of his comments are understandable and may be beneficial in the long run he tends to be very selective about who he engages physically with.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby middleway on Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:22 am

Xu was doxed, his family received death threats, and he was vilified on social media for pointing out that there are too many charlatans ruining the reputation of kung fu. He has stated several times he is not attacking Chinese culture.

I find it amazing that people on this board think that what he has endured is fair. As Middleway points out, all he has done is answer his critics. Chinese martial arts will continue to suffer, and eventually be consigned to history if these BS experts are given the freedom to make such spurious claims without fear of being held to account. If you say you can fight, that your art allows you to do amazing things, then prove it or stfu. I've seen people on this board argue that Thai boxers would benefit from learning internal to improve their clinch. It's that kind of dumbassery that makes CMA a laughing stock.

Eloquently put.

but yet so many here seemingly want it gone if it doesent produce UFC champions.

I see no one saying that. I train Taiji every day ... literally every day! But if your impression of this art is so fragile that one MMA fighter talking trash is a threat then i dont know what to say.

The old masters, that so many here pin their arts prowess upon, were mainly famous because of their fighting skill. They must be turning in their grave ... not because of Xu, who i expect they would have more in common with than anyone else ... but because of their Forebears and the results for this fighters life.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:35 am

What we're talking about here is the concept of heresey. There are parallels to draw here. Heretics, like Giordano Bruno, tended to get burnt at the stake in the 17th century Europe for speaking truth to power. Xu is experiencing the equivalent of that is in modern day China.

"In February next year, it will be 417 years ago that Giordano Bruno (1548-1600) was executed at Campo di Fiore in Rome. He has since been made a martyr of modern science, of free thought and a lot of other praiseworthy things. He's been seen as a greater martyr than Galileo Galilei; where Bruno died for his conviction of accuracy of the heliocentric, copernican world and a belief in an infinite universe, Galileo renounced his claims about earth's movements before the Inquisition - and thereby saved his own life. Above all, Bruno has been seen as a martyr for the opposition to what the men of the enlightenment and their descendants regarded as the Great Evil: the Roman Church and the Papacy."

https://steemit.com/history/@steemswede ... ot-galileo
Last edited by GrahamB on Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby robert on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:32 am

GrahamB wrote:What we're talking about here is the concept of heresey. There are parallels to draw here. Heretics, like Giordano Bruno, tended to get burnt at the stake in the 17th century Europe for speaking truth to power. Xu is experiencing the equivalent of that is in modern day China.

Oh please. You're comparing Xu Xiaodong to Bruno? Xu Xiaodong was sued for defamation and lost. It was a civil suit. Xu is not being persecuted. Xu brought this on himself. Defamation is untruth, Xu is the anti-Bruno.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:24 am

Fight Commentary Breakdowns
Feb 17, 2020

After Super Eyepatch Wolf made the documentary on fake martial arts and talked about Xu Xiaodong, a lot of his viewers and casual viewers who stumbled on his video have been coming our video entitled "Kung Fu Master Fights Xu Xiaodong For 30 Million" and leaving us extreme misinformed comments. The recent upsurge in comments have ranged from viewers failing to understand the context and jumping forward in time to viewers justifying not being able to separate disrespect toward a person vs a system. There are also viewers who just completely get information wrong. Let's read some of their comments and then look at some of these arguments and claims. Let's address this and see what we can learn. Like always, leave your comments below and let us know what you saw!

The video in question that seems to be flooded with viewers and non subscribers of Super Eyepatch Wolf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x4VTjbZtKc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHEhEGdrfVk
marvin8
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:37 pm

robert wrote:Oh please. You're comparing Xu Xiaodong to Bruno?

I jolly well am! Zero fuks given. Watch me style boi.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:36 am

While there are those (on their way)up for an championship title, Xu guy chosen to fight those he’s sure to win, but turned out not to go with his spin, now the guy not even wort a pin.
Trick

Postby taiwandeutscher on Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:20 am

Where is Wushutiger aka Byron Jacobs?
He knows Xu personally, and is training in a trad. art, living longtime in Beijing. B., please do say something?!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:57 am

Well that’s interesting, then we all can get an more up close glimps on who Xu is, and his real beef with Taijiquan. Or it’s all an poorly commercial scheme?
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:57 am

Trick wrote:Well that’s interesting, then we all can get an more up close glimps on who Xu is, and his real beef with Taijiquan. Or it’s all an poorly commercial scheme?

Went wrong
Trick

Postby middleway on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:38 am

and his real beef with Taijiquan. Or it’s all an poorly commercial scheme?

Trick, I only think he has fought 1 Taiji Guy, unless i am mistaken. All other opponents are from other systems who publicly challenged him.

The beef isn't with Taiji it seems, its with TCMAists who make outlandish claims about the utility of their Martial Art, specifically claims that infer they would easily beat an MMA fighter, even more specifically that they would beat him...

Thanks.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links