Introduction to Water Boxing video series

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Introduction to Water Boxing video series

Postby grasshopper on Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:25 pm

Happy New Year, everyone.

Late last year I started a series of short vids introducing water boxing (and my school's approach to it):

http://waterboxers.com/index.php/2020/1 ... ng-part-1/
http://waterboxers.com/index.php/2020/1 ... ng-part-2/
http://waterboxers.com/index.php/2020/1 ... ng-part-3/
http://waterboxers.com/index.php/2020/1 ... ng-part-4/
http://waterboxers.com/index.php/2021/0 ... ng-part-5/

FYI, the woman in the vids is my wife, who trains in and teaches hung gar and choy lay fut kung fu (Buck Sam Kong Kung Fu Association lineage). She likes to spar and test things out (and she doesn't like to lose), so she makes for a good training partner, in addition to being a great life partner.

Stay safe and strong,

G
grasshopper
Santi

Re: Introduction to Water Boxing video series

Postby GrahamB on Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:01 pm

Thank you!

That's a disturbing lack of a Qi belly you have there. ;)
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby grasshopper on Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:30 pm

GrahamB wrote:Thank you!

That's a disturbing lack of a Qi belly you have there. ;)

Lol. In the end, my fast metabolism may be what holds me back the most from progressing in the internal arts.
grasshopper
Santi

Postby Bao on Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:39 pm

I am a little bit allergic to generalizations about other arts or schools as rhetorical means to tell people “and this is how we do it and we do it better”. Otherwise a very good presentation.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby grasshopper on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:43 am

Bao wrote:I am a little bit allergic to generalizations about other arts or schools as rhetorical means to tell people “and this is how we do it and we do it better”. Otherwise a very good presentation.

Sorry that you perceived my attempt to contrast styles as "we do it better." Not my intent. But I'm glad that you found it otherwise good. Thanks for commenting.
grasshopper
Santi

Postby Subitai on Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:29 pm

Grasshopper,

FYI, the woman in the vids is my wife, who trains in and teaches hung gar and choy lay fut kung fu (Buck Sam Kong Kung Fu Association lineage). She likes to spar and test things out (and she doesn't like to lose), so she makes for a good training partner, in addition to being a great life partner.

Just wanted to throw out a compliment: You (or SHE) had me at ...."and teaches hung gar and choy lay fut kung fu (Buck Sam Kong Kung Fu Association lineage). She likes to spar..."

Who couldn't like that?! :)
Subitai
Huajing

Postby chinwoo1956 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:32 pm

Hi

Really interesting and helpful clips keep them coming.

A few on martial, fighting applications would be great, very difficult to find any good one on the internet.

PLEASE
chinwoo1956
Mingjing

Postby grasshopper on Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:23 pm

Subitai wrote:Grasshopper,

Just wanted to throw out a compliment: You (or SHE) had me at ...."and teaches hung gar and choy lay fut kung fu (Buck Sam Kong Kung Fu Association lineage). She likes to spar..."

Who couldn't like that?! :)

Many thanks for the compliment, Subitai. By the way, I checked out the video of your pushing hands in 2018 (congrats on winning the tourney). You remind me of my wife when I push hands with her--and I hate it because she wins more often than not. Must be the hung gar. :)

Thanks again,

G
grasshopper
Santi

Postby grasshopper on Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:32 pm

chinwoo1956 wrote:Hi

Really interesting and helpful clips keep them coming.

A few on martial, fighting applications would be great, very difficult to find any good one on the internet.

PLEASE

Hey chinwoo,

Thanks for the kind praise. I may do a vid or two of some sparring/fighting using my approach to water boxing, with my wife as my opponent. But don't be surprised if my water boxing doesn't quite go as planned--she's hardly a compliant partner when it comes to combat--but I will do my best to explain/show my approach to water boxing when applied to combat.

Happy New Year,

G
grasshopper
Santi

Return to Video Links