Jiang Yu Shan - 4 years no sex, alcohol or meat

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Jiang Yu Shan - 4 years no sex, alcohol or meat

Postby GrahamB on Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:50 am

Was the original question, "How do you make 4 years seem like 8?"
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:10 pm

CarstenM wrote:For me, the problem with Jiang Yu Shan is that he displays himself as a unbeatable and enlightened Daoist Master and all this to rip off people who don't know better. Jiang is very athletic, he has a decent iron palm that is all true and admirable (if you are into such things), but other than that he is a rip-off!...
The fact that Jiang (himself a striker) gets knocked out by a unknown grappler, without Jiang showing any specifics of the style he claims to have mastered is just another proof that he is not what he claims to be.

No, he's not at all what he claims to be. His supposed "9th duan" and his being a "33rd generation disciple of Shaolin Temple" came from this guy Hsiao Chuan –I below:

Check out his "shaolin kungfu" at 4:38 that is nothing more than him taking a stance and then flailing his arms. But that isn't the best part. The best part is when he photoshops himself into photos at shaolin temple (see 8:04 in the clip above). There are large groups of people practicing and he photoshopped himself into it like he's teaching them. Or he's meditating at some famous place except he forgot to take out the different lighting around the photo he used. At 16:43 in the video, Jiang makes his appearance as the foreign disciple.

His iron palm skills aren't what he claims either as at least Wayne caught.
wayne hansen wrote:Who saw the trick in the second clip

Good catch, Wayne.

Start at :43 and go frame by frame and you'll see him lift the first brick up then when he slams it down, the momentum of the first brick breaks both of them. I caught them doing this trick before by one of "Jiang Yu-shan"'s students. (Note to self: start using my Chinese name, it apparently adds 10k to the worth of my teaching)

This is from a video i think they deleted after I mentioned it on Facebook. notice the logo on the uniform and that the student raises the brick with the left hand just before he uses the right to drive it into the edge of the table. Momentum from slamming the brick into the edge breaks the brick, not his so-called "iron palm" skills.

I've trained with legit Fujian monkey teachers in Taiwan and nothing I've seen anywhere on the island looks like what he's doing. I know he studied with a wuzuquan teacher in Tainan but that's not at all what he's showing in any of his videos. IMO his claim to be the "monkey door lineage holder" is extremely suspect.
Check this out:
Last edited by Formosa Neijia on Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:32 am

He did fight full contact / mma from what I remember, some years back. the video showed all this fairly impressive kung fu training - he looked strong and powerful anyway.

then unsurprisingly, being kung fu, losing the fight
ugh

people chuck money on shit they think they need, heck I've done it myself and learnt lessons. but yes it's maybe an even better lesson if you must have what they are selling, due diligence is essential to be clear what you're getting is comparably favourable to other items on that shelf.

even some knock offs can do a fair job at what they are purchased for.
Last edited by cloudz on Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:08 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:I've trained with legit Fujian monkey teachers in Taiwan and nothing I've seen anywhere on the island looks like what he's doing. I know he studied with a wuzuquan teacher in Tainan but that's not at all what he's showing in any of his videos. IMO his claim to be the "monkey door lineage holder" is extremely suspect.

I'm with FN on this one.

This German guy trains hard, fights, and has a military/private bodyguard background, but his monkey boxing is pretty much his own...umm....shall we say "interpretation?" His Xinyiba (心意把) also appears suspect.

Last edited by C.J.W. on Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby phil b on Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:51 pm

I recall reading somewhere that Jiang Yu Shan said he created his own techniques and also added some Muay Thai or Muay Boran as well. I'm pretty sure what he teaches is a synthesis of arts he has learned. I have no issue with that, but selling it at insanely high prices as some kind of rare, authentic, lost art is simply fraud.

If I create a system,and am the only practioner, then of course it is rare. It may be contsructed from authentic methods, but it is not a lost or exotic art.

Now, that said, if someone wants to pay me $32k to be a disciple, or a couple of grand a form, I'd be a bloody idiot to say no.
Just your average office worker :p
phil b
Anjing

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:04 am

C.J.W. wrote:
Formosa Neijia wrote:I've trained with legit Fujian monkey teachers in Taiwan and nothing I've seen anywhere on the island looks like what he's doing. I know he studied with a wuzuquan teacher in Tainan but that's not at all what he's showing in any of his videos. IMO his claim to be the "monkey door lineage holder" is extremely suspect.

I'm with FN on this one.

This German guy trains hard, fights, and has a military/private bodyguard background, but his monkey boxing is pretty much his own...umm....shall we say "interpretation?" His Xinyiba (心意把) also appears suspect.

LOL, I remember he has mentioned that in his youth he practiced breakdancing, I turned on that video and saw a backspin and also a BJJ entry to a reverse heelhook.

I very much doubt he has a legit background in Dai Xin Yi Ba, Xinyiliuhequan or Xinyiba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lt8EFwSdzY

In this video he talks about some Hanuman boxing, having some correlation with "monkey boxing" or something. Excuse me my Chinese is very limited, maybe someone can chime in. But what I do know, is I have never, ever heard anyone in Thailand, talk about Hanuman boxing or Muay Boran etc being labelled as this, this is as far as I know complete bullshit.

Look I could care less if someone wants to make up their own shit and call is whatever they like, just don't lie and sell on your fugazi to unsuspecting gullible kids for thousands of dollars.

DZQ
Last edited by Dai Zhi Qiang on Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:27 am

Dai Zhi Qiang wrote:In this video he talks about some Hanuman boxing, having some correlation with "monkey boxing" or something. Excuse me my Chinese is very limited, maybe someone can chime in. But what I do know, is I have never, ever heard anyone in Thailand, talk about Hanuman boxing or Muay Boran etc being labelled as this, this is as far as I know complete bullshit.

Look I could care less if someone wants to make up their own shit and call is whatever they like, just don't lie and sell on your fugazi to unsuspecting gullible kids for thousands of dollars.

DZQ

Hanuman is the name of a Hindu monkey god. ::)

He's doing what many uninitiated Westerners tend to do when dealing with Asian cultures
-- mixing and matching elements from different countries. :-\
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:11 pm

C.J.W. wrote:He's doing what many uninitiated Westerners tend to do when dealing with Asian cultures
-- mixing and matching elements from different countries. :-\

You should travel more, haha. Try having Vietnamese, Filipinos, (or like here in the States) Mexicans cook your "Chinese food" and then you'll see Westerners aren't the only ones to do this.

And BTW, the Taiwan-style lightly cooked "sushi" is the best sushi I've ever eaten and you guys don't know how good you have it. :)

Dai Zhi Qiang wrote:In this video he talks about some Hanuman boxing, having some correlation with "monkey boxing" or something. Excuse me my Chinese is very limited, maybe someone can chime in. But what I do know, is I have never, ever heard anyone in Thailand, talk about Hanuman boxing or Muay Boran etc being labelled as this, this is as far as I know complete bullshit.

It's pretty clear he's selling something "rare" because he cooked it up himself. What he, the "Marital Man," and all these others are masters of is internet marketing.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:35 pm

Formosa Neijia wrote:It's pretty clear he's selling something "rare" because he cooked it up himself. What he, the "Marital Man," and all these others are masters of is internet marketing.

Quite so indeed. This sort of thing has been going on for a very long time. There's always a few guys who choose to blend their physical athleticism and their natural gift for showmanship to create a signature style or system based upon their personal interpretation of favorite techniques and training methods gleaned from previous, often limited, studies of different martial arts.

They become the Founder and Grand Master of this new style and proceed to sell it via a slick online marketing plan, usually to naive novices who are eagerly searching for an easy, sure fire shortcut to becoming the next great Fist of Legend. As always, fools and their money are quickly parted.

One of my grandfathers often said, "you might not always get what you pay for, but you'll always pay for what you get". :-\
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:52 pm

Hunaman monkey is Silat from Bali he is a Hindu god
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links