Hebei xingyi demo by me (better clip)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Hebei xingyi demo by me (better clip)

Postby bruce on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:48 am

thanks for the comments regarding the elbows etc ...

grappling/bjj in my opinion is great to build strength, flexibility, stamina and general conditioning.

with some of the guys i was just on tour with we do 5 minute "rounds" of grappling (some time with strikes and often with out) and switch partners every 5 minutes with only enough break to reset ... if you tap the guy before 5 minutes a "fresh" guy comes in ...
we do this basically until it is hard to hold up your own body and after we are totally worn out end the practice with a bunch of push up/sit ups/squats.

lots of fun.

how does your teacher feel about bjj/grappling and ground fighting in relation to the arts he is a expert in?
does he see any value to ima training by also practicing bjj/grappling type of things? has he ever "rolled" or practiced and ground work?
bruce
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:57 am

I don't really know.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't practice ground work though. Its not really his thing.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:40 am

Hey Mix

would be nice to see Mr Yang doing some freestyle application work against a series of decent attacks in general. Fancy offering your body up to the beating?? ... go on ... you know you want too ... :D

Cheers
Chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:43 am

I would happily do that, but I'm hundreds of miles away from Montreal right now.
Though it is a good idea. :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:45 am

One time he was like "ok, attack me with whatever you want" so I tried to throw three quick punches at varying levels. Problem is that as soon as my first punch got blocked the other ones were too stuck to come out and I was falling backwards lol ;D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links