TCMA moves in the ring

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

TCMA moves in the ring

Postby C.J.W. on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:10 pm

Despite the flying spinning kicks, this guy has managed to pull off more TCMA moves in the ring than all the Bullshido Chinese masters we've seen in the past few years combined.

https://youtu.be/u2MuGLVSpsE
Last edited by C.J.W. on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Re: TCMA moves in the ring

Postby dspyrido on Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:30 am

And this is how he learnt to do all that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utqI6jSvQ4o

::)

(good vid btw - love how he pulls off poses after some moves)
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:13 am

It can be true that his martial skills are enhanced by his taiji practice, but which came first? Ime, many people came to taiji after they already knew how (and were willing) to fight. I don't think anyone learns to be agressive from doing taiji, but aggression (i.e., the ability to attack) is necessary to make a martial art functional in competition.

Hey, there was at least one other Chinese mma fighter who did taiji. (Or, maybe it was this guy). I do think it's a way for the PRC to push back against the "mma v tcma" debacle.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:14 am

The leg-dragging throws show that he's done Sanda and is quite good at it.

What I find interesting and quite well done are the leg scissor takedown and low kick/sweep like the ones found in Fujian Dog Boxing and northern Ditangquan (ground tumbling boxing). He also pulls off a couple of nice cross-body throws.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Strange on Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:52 am

Daring to seize the opening and commit; his opponent had no choice but to stop for him
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:25 am

Nice clip, showing the result of understanding in training
Some thoughts on training

“ translated by Google“

Boxing method to produce attack effect, of course, need the corresponding energy, with the inner fist common two points.

one is to think that the inner fist relies on the inner gas “Qi “as energy, the other is to think that only muscle contraction produces energy.

Neither of which is correct, so that some believe the inner home Boxing people also entered a divine fantasy world, and the latter because they do not believe in what "inner gas" “Qi “ can be used for and then can only have a negative attitude towards the inner fist.

They think that in addition to Muay Thai, boxing, loose fighting and other modern fighting kung fu is true and effective.

In addition to illusory internal gas, muscle contraction, is there a third way to generate energy, our answer is yes.

原文網址:https://kknews.cc/health/opz2znq.html

https://kknews.cc/health/opz2znq.html

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:37 am

"Interview with Qiu Jianliang, China's #1 Kickboxer"

Stuart Gilham
Mar 11, 2021

My interview with Qiu Jianliang, the number one ranked kickboxer in the world under 67kg.

Timestamps;

1:20 - Qiu gives an update on his knee injury.

3:30 - Qiu discusses his physical training.

8:00 - Qiu discusses his sparring philosophy.

11:15 - Qiu discusses his opinions on the differences between Muay Thai and Sanda.

16:00 - Qiu shares his views on Xu Xiadong and traditional chinese martial arts.

20:30 - Qiu shares his thoughts on fighting a Thai stadium champion in their backyard.

27:00 - Qiu discusses a potential superfight with Wei Rui.

36:00 - Qiu describes his inspiration from Bruce Lee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmW38i8Nc4s
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:22 am

He says the obvious. If you want to "compete" against fighters, you need to practice with them. It's interesting that he considers sanda the modern extension/adaptation of tcmas. So, it makes sense he feels that Xu should challenge sanda practitioners.

I like the part when he says it's harder to beat someone who's fighting to eat, rather than fighting for a dream.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Video Links