Pre-attack Indicators

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Pre-attack Indicators

Postby gzregorz on Tue May 04, 2021 7:37 pm

What is this a marriage?

Had no idea how involved this would be.

I explained it twice but perhaps I was unclear. I wasn't the asshole.

It was a Saturday afternoon. Cars everywhere. The tanker truck was a double. Dude removed cone. I was the first, next and only one in my lane so I pulled forward. Someone tried to pull in, stopped, we made eye contact and I pulled forward.

FWIW, I am a delivery driver who also has a class A license to drive a tractor trailer. I didn't do anything wrong. People didn't see me behind the tanker and assumed I just rolled up and took over the pump. If they were there first obviously they would have been in front of me.

My point was, even if I were the asshole, I stayed cool and that defused two men beating the hell out of each other and going to jail in front of several families, children and my in-laws.
Last edited by gzregorz on Wed May 05, 2021 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Tue May 04, 2021 8:01 pm

gzregorz wrote:People didn't see me behind ane tanker and assumed I just rolled up and took over. If they were there first obviously they would have been in front of me.

Ok. That's what I was referring to, that you were first.

gzregorz wrote:My point was, even if I were the asshole, I stayed cool and that defused two men beating the hell out of each other and going to jail in front of several families, children and my in-laws.

The guy is framing (false narrative) that you cut in front of him. At first, I might yell to pace this guy's aggression while explaining I was first in line waiting behind the tanker (reframe). Then, try to calm things down by saying I can understand how he might think that, but that's not what happened. ...
marvin8
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Tue May 04, 2021 8:12 pm

Right on Marvin.

Yeah, it is hard to describe. Told the story to people before.

Thats exactly what I did. But I think he was expecting me to run off. I guess even alone I wouldn't have either but I certainly wasn't going to do that in front of my in-laws.

In fact I have a feeling this man saw my in-laws and assumed we were all senior citizens.

The funny thing is I think he backed off when he realized he was trying to trigger someone who was pumping gas. Never a good idea. Then when I was done he got aggressive again probably because of the audience which is why I "apologized." It wasn't because I meant it as much as a way to avoid conflict from him losing face and returning to his car. Obviously he wanted to be the bad ass so I let him. Nice to be in my forties sometimes.

Glad I was able to clarify. I appreciate the feedback.

Not freaking out in the face voilence or possible voilence is the beauty of martial arts.
Last edited by gzregorz on Tue May 04, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Overlord on Sat May 15, 2021 11:33 pm

gzregorz wrote:https://youtu.be/90F0INw_4Cc

1, Don’t listen to him, you can be polite just say yes, ignore what he say unless a specific clear message, but mainly focus on his body movements. You can’t focus on what he say and how he move at the same time.
2, Step back almost out of the range of hands motion.
3, Don’t look at his eyes, look anything below his neck. Don’t worry about head butting unless very close, but you are already in distance. Don’t look his waving hands instead predict his body moves and look for room to dodge.
4, Hands alway above solar plexus. Chin tuck. Body sink. Elbow tuck to ribs.
Overlord

Previous

Return to Video Links