Master Zhang Zhen Hwa: Yang Tai Chi 85 Form, Push Hands

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Master Zhang Zhen Hwa: Yang Tai Chi 85 Form, Push Hands

Postby marvin8 on Tue May 11, 2021 6:13 am

Tai Chi Goodness
Mar 4, 2021

This is a video of my beloved late master Zhang Zhen Hwa of Shanghai , an inner circle student of Mater Fu Zhong Wen (one of Master Yang Cheng Fu's top disciple), demonstrating The Yang Family Tai Chi 85 Form at the age of 78 young in Kissena Park, Fresh Meadows, NY!

Master Zhang's teachings in the art of Tai Chi is as old school as it gets! Force & violence is never the answer; harmony & Inner peace is the way to go! Abandon brutality & a combative mindset; replace it with an adapting & free flowing mentality! Late master Zhang's profound wisdom of Tai Chi was truly inspirational, his peaceful presence will remain with me for the rest of my life!

Our busy lives often need natural ways to engage inner peace, Tai Chi is one of those great tools to help you achieve that state of presence. If you are interested in learning this graceful & powerful Tai Chi form passed down from late master Zhang, and if you happen to live on Long Island or near New York city, please feel free to contact me (Shi-Fu Wei) at (631)902-1368, or you may visit us at taichiforgood.com for class info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnvtZ75ozsQ

Tai Chi Goodness
Mar 4, 2021

This is a video of my beloved late master Zhang Zhen Hwa of Shanghai , an inner circle student of Mater Fu Zhong Wen (one of Master Yang Cheng Fu's top disciple), selflessly sharing the internal knowledge of Yang Style Tai Chi Push Hands with 2 Soul Tai Chi & Bagua practitioners (the first African American gentleman is Sifu Rudy Curry jr of Queens, NY, a renowned teacher of various Chinese Martial Arts) who truthfully demonstrates the nature of inner peace, and at the same time, tearing down the barrier of culter and race! Master Zhang at the time was in his late 70s and weighed a mere 110 lbs; this video was filmed in Kissena Park, Fresh Meadows, NY, Where Mr. Zhang would teach Tai Chi and push hands every morning, regardless of weather conditions, except for days of heavy rain, all the way through his late 80s! In spite of his age of the time, the skill set he had demonstrated in the art of Yang Tai Chi was inspirational!

I would also like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to late uncle Ernie (The gentleman who was standing in the background, wearing a white jacket & white cap), he was master Zhang's most loyal student and one of the most honorable man I have ever known! He was always there to support master's teachings, all the way to the very end. I would never forget Master Zhang's heart breaking reaction at the time of loosing him, and the pain never faded away for my master. Please R.I.P. uncle Ernie!

God this video brings back so much memories of training with master Zhang at Kissena Park, being Master Zhang's ending disciple, I'm humbled, honored and grateful at the same time! I pray for the courage to carry on the torch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpTZs3bO2iU
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Master Zhang Zhen Hwa: Yang Tai Chi 85 Form, Push Hands

Postby wayne hansen on Tue May 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Nice stuff
Marvin are you the pushing partner
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby nicklinjm on Wed May 12, 2021 8:15 am

AFAIK Rudy Curry had previously studied taiji, xingyi and bagua with William CC Chen and BP Chan long before meeting Zhang Zhen Hwa, i.e. he was no beginner. Pretty impressive that Zhang was able to control Rudy's structure upon contact. Obviously this is a demonstration, but still, looks like Zhang achieved a decent level of ph skill!
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby Rhen on Sat May 15, 2021 6:21 am

Nice share. thanks
Rhen

Return to Video Links