Playing A More Freestyle Version of Push Hands

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Playing A More Freestyle Version of Push Hands

Postby grasshopper on Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:00 am

GrahamB wrote:You're being far too reasonable Mr Grasshopper - you're playing this Internet game all wrong ;D

Mr Ken seems to be doing a lot of superflous and 'big' movement - my preference and tendency is always towards being more and more minimal and efficient in my movement. The big movements tend to be the preserve of beginners.

:-)
grasshopper
Santi

Re: Playing A More Freestyle Version of Push Hands

Postby grasshopper on Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:03 am

oragami_itto wrote:I actually just became aware of Ken's group in Tampa Bay and am planning to visit them as soon as is feasible since I'm a Floridian now. They look to be an active and earnest group so I have no doubt they're good at playing the game.

Whether "the game" is the best representation or test of "authentic" "golden age" Taijiquan skills is an entirely different question, but less important. Does Kobe play the same as Jordan?

Based on Ken's visit, I'd bet his group is active and earnest--and good. I'd also bet you'll have a good time and get something out of dropping by his group. If you want, let me/us know what you think and how it goes.

G
grasshopper
Santi

Previous

Return to Video Links