Intro to Calling Crane Kung fu — Master Richard Huang 黃正斌

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Intro to Calling Crane Kung fu — Master Richard Huang 黃正斌

Postby marvin8 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:35 am

THE MARTIAL MAN
Jul 19, 2021

In this video, Master Richard Huang introduces the White Crane (Calling Crane) system made famous by the late Grandmaster, Huang Sheng Shyan. I'm currently working closely with Master Richard to produce a comprehensive online training program on Calling Crane Kung fu that will include all of the authentic teachings, including the in-door teachings and internal methods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSG2IT8EDcQ
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Intro to Calling Crane Kung fu — Master Richard Huang 黃正斌

Postby Bhassler on Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:53 am

A couple of Huang's videos were discussed here a while back. I quite liked his Babulien videos.

Here's the application video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPVDruxoydE

Unfortunately, it looks like he's going the "fajin wizard" route:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy9oiJPVUSw

It makes me sad, because the Crane variants are such great systems, but I guess Crane stylists have gotta eat, too...
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 pm

He had some good training but he has been into the shenanigans for a while now. Check out his demo at a taiji tourney:

So he did all of these "qi tricks" then he had a class for children where he taught them to do all of these tricks about two months later. But if you try to point that out, you usually get shouted down. People in general don't want the truth. Fantasy sells. Seems like "Martial Man" and everyone associated with him is all about the fantasy.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:53 pm

Bhassler wrote:A couple of Huang's videos were discussed here a while back. I quite liked his Babulien videos.

Unfortunately, it looks like he's going the "fajin wizard" route:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy9oiJPVUSw

It makes me sad, because the Crane variants are such great systems, but I guess Crane stylists have gotta eat, too...

General question to anyone viewing the clip .
Out of curiosity what do you feel is being demonstrated ?
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bao on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:34 pm

Bhassler wrote:Unfortunately, it looks like he's going the "fajin wizard" route

Well, he does Huang Sheng Shyan's Tai Chi / White Crane stuff, so this is no real surprise. :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq0iqL10XdY

windwalker wrote:General question to anyone viewing the clip .
Out of curiosity what do you feel is being demonstrated ?

I watched a couple of push hands videos with Richard Huang explaining a few principles that I though was really good and had a lot of insight. So I don't doubt that he has some genuine knowledge. But the vid Bhassler posted says nothing to me and I don't really care what is or is not being demonstrated. There are many ways to demonstrate Tai Chi skills and principles. Maybe some people find it interesting, I don't.
Last edited by Bao on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Walk the Torque on Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:24 pm

Its true to say that a lot of demo stuff is initially quite interesting. Even the wild fajin blasting across the room is sort of alluring at first, with its promise of impenetrable defense and awesome powah!!

Once you cotton on to the jive though it is a little disappointing to say the least, with so much depending on the receiver and the low percentage of incidents where this kind of power can be applied to send your opponent. Even though I have done this on occasion I wouldn't wont to rely on it as a go to technique.

The real issue I have with the chi blasting game is that, while it might demonstrate some real internal skill of the issuer, the general reactions to it with calls of Bulshido! and such like tends to encourage folks to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" so to speak.

This subject should be on the general thread I now realize...
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Return to Video Links