How to Apply: Aikido Vs Jab/Cross

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

How to Apply: Aikido Vs Jab/Cross

Postby marvin8 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:41 am

Kankukan Aiki
Jul 19, 2021

0:00 Intro & Disclaimer
5:15 Drill & Exercise

Welcome back to the Kankukan Aiki channel, my dearest friends of the channel! I am very happy to be able to propose again some exercises of what I usually do in my dojo. I reiterate the concept that it is an exercise that leads us to open our minds and not a real fight, where other very different factors come into play.
It is also very important for me to make it clear that it does not matter at all whether the other Aikido or Daito Ryu groups practice these types of exercises or drills or not. Just as the world is full of different faces, so too is the interpretation of the same principles. Who is right and who is wrong? Nobody. Everyone pursues what they have learned from their teacher or school.
So it is perfectly fine that others do not practice the same things as we do and I do not stand up as the only one who does this type of training. What matters is that our pupils can have fun, have pleasant moments at the dojo and that they can learn something that they think is right too.
To each his own Master. Thanks again everyone! Please continue to help me by subscribing to our channel. All your help is very important to me! And put the likes under the video! Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VwNoPcPog

Opponent will jab/cross and retract their punches. So, grabbing punches is "not realistic."

Feeder jabs/cross and retracts their punch. Draw the jab, slip, side step, parry and finish (e.g., Kotegaeshi). Control does not rely on feeder freezing their punch or blocking:

marvin8
Wuji

Re: How to Apply: Aikido Vs Jab/Cross

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:25 pm

I like this guy there are some holes in what he does but I would love to do some training with him
The best thing he does is flowing in and out of 3 languages while still displaying and being aware of his student
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Return to Video Links